Pop up Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pop up Questions

I have hunted out of one once and it was pretty cool. I like the idea of having lots of room to put my stuff without it all hanging on hooks or tree branches. Dont get me wrong I like being in a tree from time to time too. I just think I would like to try some ground hunting this year. Now our property only has timber on either side of the creek running down the middle of it. This is where we see all of our deer traveling. With water comes snakes.

How do you keep from getting snakes in the blind with you?
    I would hate to take a long walk sneaking in really quiet and then scare everything off when I freak out because there is a snake in the blind waiting for me.

I always make a little noise and use a flash light before entering mine.
    You never know what could be in there.

Comment

I lay out a big piece of black indoor/outdoor carpeting then stake the blind on top of it. I then go around and shovel dirt and/or sand on the flap around the bottom edges of the blind. I've never had a snake get in but if one did it would be easy to see at a glance. It also makes it a bit quieter.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulPaul View Post
        I always make a little noise and use a flash light before entering mine.
        You never know what could be in there.
        This is what I usually do.

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        I lay out a big piece of black indoor/outdoor carpeting then stake the blind on top of it. I then go around and shovel dirt and/or sand on the flap around the bottom edges of the blind. I've never had a snake get in but if one did it would be easy to see at a glance. It also makes it a bit quieter.
        I like this I am going to give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          this is exactly what I have done. The only problems with it was the mice chewed holes in the blind to get in instead of just going under and the scorpions really liked hiding under the carpet.

Comment

I clean the ground where I'm going to place my blind completely of grass and leaves. Clean bare earth you can see if snakes or anything is in there. Also helps keep you from making noise.

Comment

Does anybody know if mothball smell would spook or scare away deer???
              My FIL is planning to put crushed mothballs in his pop-up to keep away/deter the snakes. Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and my big fat gorilla thumbs.

Comment

I am gonna give this groundblind hunting a try this year. My wife want to come video the hunts and I think it will be comfy in the pop up. Thanks guys

Comment

Its always fun about dark when the mice start rustling around under your feet and you can hardly see the floor and your mind is telling you that a big snake is trying to catch them!

Comment

If a snake gets in the blind with us it will be game over for my wife hunting with me.

Comment

just put a sign up that says NO SNAKES ALLOWED

Comment

Originally posted by Destry View Post
                        just put a sign up that says NO SNAKES ALLOWED
                        lol. That should work !

Comment

Seven dust around the edges of blind a few weeks ahead of season.

Comment

I will be hunting out of 1 also for my first time ever....shopping around now as which one to get

Comment

I always keep an eye out for critters prior to entering any of mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X