Solo Skiff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solo Skiff

Not sure if anyone else has one of these, but they are pretty cool. Picked mine up used the other day rigged out and ready to go. The little Tohatsu 4 stroke pushes me loaded down right around 17 mph. Grabbed a used trailer online and now I don’t have to load everything into the back of truck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve never seen one, it looks pretty cool!

Comment

Sweet!! What's the weight on it rigged out??

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
        Sweet!! What's the weight on it rigged out??
        So I haven’t weighed it, but the skiff alone is approximately 150lbs, motor is about 70 I believe, 3 gallons of gas, assorted fishing gear and me at 190

Comment

Pretty sweet looking deal. Curious to see if you still like it in a couple months once the “coolness” goes away. I’ve been looking at them for a while still trying to decide between a small boat and one of these.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
            Pretty sweet looking deal. Curious to see if you still like it in a couple months once the “coolness” goes away. I’ve been looking at them for a while still trying to decide between a small boat and one of these.
            Condition of purchase from wife was I wasn’t allowed to just turn around and sell it

Comment

Originally posted by WildMatt84 View Post
              So I haven’t weighed it, but the skiff alone is approximately 150lbs, motor is about 70 I believe 3 gallons of gas, assorted fishing gear and me at 190
              Cool!! Looks like it will be awesome to access places boats just can't get to... Looks plenty wide to be stable. What's your experiance on its stability??

Comment

Cool!! Looks like it will be awesome to access places boats just can't get to... Looks plenty wide to be stable. What's your experiance on its stability??
                Very stable. Able to troll in marsh and fish shoreline for reds no prob. Also able to stand up when I don’t have the seat and run full throttle. And yes i can launch anywhere you can launch a kayak

Comment

Originally posted by WildMatt84 View Post
                  Very stable. Able to troll in marsh and fish shoreline for reds no prob. Also able to stand up when I don’t have the seat and run full throttle. And yes i can launch anywhere you can launch a kayak
                  Sounds awesome... You know you need to do a live "rip some lips" thread next time you go out!!

Comment

Sounds awesome... You know you need to do a live "rip some lips" thread next time you go out!!
                    Gotta figure out the bay system first. Pretty much been a walk and wade/ surf fisherman so figuring out spots in the bay may take a bit

Comment

Nice!!!!! Youtube has some great video of what those can do and handle. You just gained access to more water than can be fished in a lifetime.

Comment

Been looking at them for awhile myself. Even joined a FB group to watch what others are doing with them. Wanting one but most of the time I see them for sale they are in other states.

Please keep us posted on how you like it.

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
                          Been looking at them for awhile myself. Even joined a FB group to watch what others are doing with them. Wanting one but most of the time I see them for sale they are in other states.

Please keep us posted on how you like it.
                          Will do. Joined three myself including solo skiffs of texas. There is one for sale in college station right now on facebook marketplace

Comment

I've been looking at them for a while. Would like to know your thoughts on it after a little use. Would love to take on for a test ride, but haven't found anyone who does demos yet.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                              I've been looking at them for a while. Would like to know your thoughts on it after a little use. Would love to take on for a test ride, but haven't found anyone who does demos yet.

Here ya go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X