SHNF 16-17 BS thread ( Banter session)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
    I love that buffalo shot. I was standing at the mens stake when I took that pic. The elk shot is deceptive in the pic. It's clear across a valley, and hard to judge distance. I feel sorry for the guys who set up and take down the targets because it's a nasty climb down and up the valley to reach it. But it's fun. That elk cost me a $10 arrow on the longbow round.
    If you dont mind - how long did the shot measure out to? What happened on your shot ?

Comment

Dang, Andy you got a lot of nice pics!

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
        If you dont mind - how long did the shot measure out to? What happened on your shot ?
        The Elk target was right around 45 yards as a crow flies or an arrow

Comment

Rang finders are not allowed. My guess was the buffalo was about 45...?? and the elk must be about the same. The bad part is the elk is in the same spot every year, but it's always hard to hit because it plays with your mind.

Comment

Very cool pics Andy. Glad you guys had fun.

Comment

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Rang finders are not allowed. My guess was the buffalo was about 45...?? and the elk must be about the same. The bad part is the elk is in the same spot every year, but it's always hard to hit because it plays with your mind.
                Everybody seems to say that on the other thread ... Is it the elevations?

And my fault, I thought the people setting up would range it, or maybe after all the shooting was done to get the exact distance.

And those really are great pics.

Comment

SwampRabbit - any details on the turkey killing? I know you had been looking for a placed to go. I guess you found one.

Comment

This last one is the only pic I got of the smoker round. A little bitty fox surrounded by rock with a smiley face painted on it. There were other targets like that, surrounded by rocks, while having to almost lay down and shoot through a hole at the same time. All the other targets were buried in trees that had almost no hole to shoot through, you just had to shoot and hope your arrow was heavy enough to barrel through without deflecting. You got one arrow to shoot with and if you lost it, or broke it to the point you couldn't shoot with it anymore, you were out of the round. I made it through, but with a low score. Tod's second round he made it through using half an arrow. It was a lot of fun.

Comment

Everybody seems to say that on the other thread ... Is it the elevations?

And my fault, I thought the people setting up would range it, or maybe after all the shooting was done to get the exact distance.

And those really are great pics.
                      I highly doubt there was even a range finder on the property. These guys are hard core like that.

It's not really the elevations, it's that you're shooting over the tops of full grown trees, and you have nothing normal to help you judge distance. Such as thinking that a certain tree might be 20 yds so lets double that, etc

Comment

I highly doubt there was even a range finder on the property. These guys are hard core like that.

It's not really the elevations, it's that you're shooting over the tops of full grown trees, and you have nothing normal to help you judge distance. Such as thinking that a certain tree might be 20 yds so lets double that, etc
                        That's greatness - Definitely jealous. One day, lol

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                          Well... I killed my first turkey!
                          Big time congrats on your turkey SR! I'm definitely jealous

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                            Well... I killed my first turkey!

So did you get it with your bow? That's tough to do even with a compound

Comment

That turkey succumbed to the effects of a Black Widow!

Comment

Very cool pics. Looks like fun. Really can't wait to go!

And congrats swamp. Pics?

Comment

Working...
                                X