Breaded Deer Kabobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaded Deer Kabobs

Here's a new one we tried a few months back. It was pretty dang good.
    It has since become a favorite around here

Cut up a section of hind quarter into 1"cubes.

Next put the meat on skewers, and bread with your favorite breading, and then brown them in bacon grease.

Drain a bit of the grease on paper towels then put them in your slow cooker. I like to add a can of beef broth. I also like to cut up some thick onion slices to use as a rack to keep the meat from laying in the broth. I cooked these 4hrs on a medium heat setting.
    Don't forget to make gravy out of the broth. Enjoy!

looks good

Comment

That looks Really good... Now Im hungry again.

Comment

You don't like grilled back strap ? I just want to pass on my humble opinion. But, I bet you are over cooking it. Most people that eat steak medium rare, will want to cook game till it's tough as shoe leather.

Try a whole backstrap, some cajun dry rub over night. Grill on all sides on grill until you can squeeze it with tongs and it feels like the meat between your stretched out thumb and pointer finger. Now the hard part, Let it stand for 10 minutes before slicing into steak thickness across the strap.

You will never look at a sirloin the same way after this. Of course, the most important part of ANY venison recipe is how the meat was handled from the moment it was put on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by redsnapper101 View Post
          You don't like grilled back strap ? I just want to pass on my humble opinion. But, I bet you are over cooking it. Most people that eat steak medium rare, will want to cook game till it's tough as shoe leather.

Try a whole backstrap, some cajun dry rub over night. Grill on all sides on grill until you can squeeze it with tongs and it feels like the meat between your stretched out thumb and pointer finger. Now the hard part, Let it stand for 10 minutes before slicing into steak thickness across the strap.

You will never look at a sirloin the same way after this. Of course, the most important part of ANY venison recipe is how the meat was handled from the moment it was put on the ground.
          I love grilled backstrap, what gave you the idea I didn't? Here's the end result from back in bow season.

As stated above that breaded recipe was for hind quarter. It works well on meat from an older deer.

We are allways trying new ways to cook things so not to get bored with our meals. By the way, you should try the above recipe. The end results are far from shoe leather, it's very tender and tasty!

Comment

Looks good

Comment

wow

Comment

Thanks Dale, I think this will be on the table for Friday night.

Comment

You guys are killin me.........(drool)

Comment

Man that looks good I will be trying that soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X