Future Knife Scales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future Knife Scales

I’ve been stuck in Midland on my consulting business and will be here till mid next week but it’s given me some time to shop online for more future knife scales. I love figured wood there’s nothing like the look and feel of wood. I’m sure I’ll be buying more before I go home, I have a lot of time on hands out here. Hopefully most of it will be home before I get there so I can cut it up and stabilized it.
    Box Elder

Spalted Tamarind.

Hawaiian KOA

More Spalted Maple

I like

Comment

Gonna make some nice scales for sure. That Spalted Tamarind is especially nice in my book.

Comment

I'm liking that Hawaiian Koa my self

Comment

If you ever need more spalted Tamarind I have a ton of it. You better stock up on resin too. Everything you bought soaks it up like a sponge.

Comment

I like the spalted stuff, but Im really digging that box elder.

Comment

Originally posted by rubydog View Post
              If you ever need more spalted Tamarind I have a ton of it. You better stock up on resin too. Everything you bought soaks it up like a sponge.
              You are so right; I always have plenty of Cactus Juice on hand. If I run low Curtis is super fast getting it to me before I run out.
              Last edited by Bjankowski; 01-30-2015, 09:20 AM.

Comment

That middle stick of Koa looks great. Let me know when you use it.

Comment

Cool. One day I will have more time to play with wood.

Comment

Originally posted by quackaholic1 View Post
                    That middle stick of Koa looks great. Let me know when you use it.
                    I sure will Joe.

Comment

that spalted wood stuff looks super cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjankowski View Post
                        I sure will Joe.
                        Thanks Bob. That would make a great looking #106 but will look great no matter what you decide.

Comment

Hey Bob,
                          If you need a couple of sets of scales of spalted Box Elder let me know. I have a couple that I can spare. They turn out pretty nice.

Comment

Thanks Mike I'll let you know if I need any. I really have a lot of wood I haven't cut up and stabilized yet. Just when I'm out of town like I am I get bored and start shopping, and I'm about to shop some more today. Not much to do in Midland. I went to the gun show yesterday and met a couple of knife makers I wasn't impressed with. Hopefully I can get home by Wed noon.

Comment

Working...
                            X