Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decisions. Decisions. Watch list for next year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GR5, that would be back to my roots. haven't done it decades. Grew up killing lots of squirrels in the timber land from Votaw, to Leggett, to Segno and all points in between. Love those squirrel and gravey with biscuits dinners.

Comment

Wow, you need to cull some.. I'm available any time after Sept.31st...

Personally I like the "elk" deer But I would take any of them , great looking deer!

Comment

This deer really tempts me. He'll be a low 150 10 if he stays the same. He's mature. Was 6 1/2 this year. He's a phantom, a ghost, a wisp of wind that tempts you on the cameras but never shows. I don't believe in nocturnal deer. I just need to figure where he spends his daylight hours. He doesn't come to roads. Not a corn head, but loves protein. My little brother hunted this pen area for about 2 weeks and never saw this deer. Saw every other deer that we have on cam, but not this one.

I'm tempted to make him my year's goal. I'd have to spend most of my time here, and that would cut my time on our lease SW of Dallas to minimal, and I have a couple bucks there that I'd like to kill. One thing about him. If I don't hunt him, odds are good he'll be around for another year. It's going to take some thinking outside the box to kill this one. However, I think I have him on another remote cam. My ace in the hole.

He's a protein head and spends most nights in this pen. Bower found his left shed outside the pen. Would score 153 without broken tine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	trpl ptch.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	23833291

Name:	trpl ptch.jpg2.jpg
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	23833292

Name:	trpl ptch.jpg3.jpg
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	23833293

Name:	trpl ptch.jpg4.jpg
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	23833294

Name:	trpl ptch.jpg5.jpg
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	23833295

Comment

Okay he is my favorite now, but you have to stop, season is way to far down the road.

Comment

decision, decisions.....

At least you have options! Im not sure there is a wrong answer.

Comment

Ole Elk looks rutted down in that last pic Doc. Better kill him while you can!

Comment

Is this what you get when you pull teeth for a living? Maybe I need to dust off my vise grips.

Very nice TD. Keep em coming.

Comment

All are good looking bucks , Good luck on getting the one you decide on

Comment

This deer had split brows and was a typical 11 two years ago. Was wider and had better tines. I think he was a horn dog that year and went down this past season. He was 5 1/2 this last year. Bower had him approved to kill if he was old enough. He decided he wasn't, and the broken G4 on the right beam at the time allowed him another year. He's a fighter. Hopefully he'll settle down this next year and get back to what he was as a 4 1/2. He's a protein hound and hangs with the buck in the previous post. He DOES show up in daylight and is killable.

Bower will get first crack at him and will kill him if he stays the same or grows some this next season. If he gets too big, he'll pass him and I'll look at him. I LOVE typical 12's, especially if he gets back the dual split brows.

Last year

Name:	WPL13 2.jpg
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	23833296

Name:	WPL13 3.jpg
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	23833297

This year

Name:	wpl12.jpg
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	23833298

Name:	wpl12.jpg2.jpg
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	23833299

Name:	wpl12.jpg3.jpg
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	23833300

Name:	wpl12.jpg4.jpg
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	23833301

Comment

I imagine my middle brother will be on this deer like stink on a skunk next year. We lobbied to keep this buck from being called a management buck. Several wanted to kill him, but we were successful. He's called Tire Track because he looks so wide when he walks down the road. We really thought he was going to be a 150 class buck last year, but he just stopped growing toward the end of the velvet season. He's a protein head and all three of us love him. My brothers kind of gave Bo Point to me last year, so I'll give them first choice on their deer this year. I think my middle brother will choose this deer. If not.....well, I might have to look for him. Drops and trash potential. Split brows. Wide. Nasty looking.

I didn't hunt his home this year, so only pics are TC's. I won't get my hopes up on this deer. Catclaw will take him.

Name:	TT 9.jpg
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	23833308

Name:	TT 8.jpg
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	23833309

Name:	TT 7.jpg
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	23833310

Name:	TT 5.jpg
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	23833311

Name:	TT 4.jpg
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	23833312

Name:	TT 6.jpg
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	23833313

Comment

Nice deer right there, your brother has good taste. Man you guys have put in alot of time,energy,money and hard work that is evident. Good luck next season. Looking forward to the LDP's

Comment

wow they keep getting better!

Comment

Nice options!

Comment

If I were rich, I could show you some MAJOR decisions to ponder. Trying to keep them low 50's or less.

When we put the cameras back out there will be others that spring from no where. I know there's a buck I call Trashy 9 that did just that. I don't know of any pics of him or anyone talking about him, but he's all over my trail camera for the last month. I also have pics of a wide 10 that's in an out of the way spot that may get my attention. I need to find my pics of him. The search goes on.

Comment

Good show Doc.....makes me wish I were in the brush.

Comment

Working...
                                X