No announcement yet.

Creede/Lake City bound....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drive to the trailhead on Cinnamon pass. The pass road begins right above San C lake just outside of Lake City. You'll want to hike the American Basin trail NOT Grizzly Gulch that time of year unless you're a seasoned climber. Get all the trail info at 14ers.com. Very helpful.

Comment

Creede/Lake City bound....

Our crew last month at the trailhead.

Comment

Holy cow! Yep, gonna be looking into this one for sure!

Comment

We went last month, had a blast. Stayed in creede and never stopped, would leave at 7 am get back about 9 for 7 days, want my summer retirement place to be there.

Comment

Yes. Hunt elk. It will still be archery season there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
              Yes. Hunt elk. It will still be archery season there.

Ends the day before he gets there.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                Ends the day before he gets there.
                You are correct. The last Sunday in September is early this year. The earliest it can possibly be actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                  Holy cow! Yep, gonna be looking into this one for sure!
                  Enjoy. I guess it goes without saying, but, watch the weather closely that time of year when you're that high. Nice fish Mossback. Your creede pic is right by my buddy's fly shop. Did you visit them?

Comment

^^^^ That is a great fly and coffee shop, we stop in there often for both.

Comment

If you go fishing. Road canyon produced some big fish this year. Continental produced a lot of fish. Clear creek falls was flowing real good in July. Plenty of hiking trails. Go up pool table to hansons mill. Hike into wheeler geographical area. Pretty cool back there. You can rent utvs plenty of awesome trails to ride. I will be back up there in November to hunt elk. Enjoy.

Comment

Well plans have changed. Wife is not goona be able to make it. Instead of hiking, it's gonna be daylight to dark fly fishing. Plan on being on the water the better part of 5 days between Pagosa and Lake City....

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                          Well plans have changed. Wife is not goona be able to make it. Instead of hiking, it's gonna be daylight to dark fly fishing. Plan on being on the water the better part of 5 days between Pagosa and Lake City....

Let us know some decent spots so I can go catch dinner next month

Comment

Not going up till Aug 23

Comment

Originally posted by luv2hunt View Post
                              If you go fishing. Road canyon produced some big fish this year. Continental produced a lot of fish. Clear creek falls was flowing real good in July. Plenty of hiking trails. Go up pool table to hansons mill. Hike into wheeler geographical area. Pretty cool back there. You can rent utvs plenty of awesome trails to ride. I will be back up there in November to hunt elk. Enjoy.
                              Where is Road Canyon? Been looking at the Rio obviously as well as Piedra. Never fished the Piedra and it looks like some nice water.....

Comment

go past Creede on Hwy 149. turn left toward the Rio Grande Resrv. you will pass road Canyon.

Comment

Working...
                                X