Rattlesnake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timberking View Post
    Now I've killed on dove hunting, how do others fix them. I ate an one out of the Ozarks 35 years ago and just chicken fried it. am I missing something?Thanks
    the only way I've ever eaten them is fried; cut them into 1" thick steaks and batter them... a lot of hot oil and they're done, just like frying fish. good eating IMO.

Comment

Soak snake and fish in Louisiana Hot Sauce mixed with 2-3 eggs. (not Tobasco) and soak 4 hours or over night. Then dredge in Louisiana Fish Fry and fry em up.

Comment

Originally posted by apolloreed View Post
        Timber or Diamondback?

Timber Rattlesnakes are protected and listed as a threatened species in Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I could care less, if its got rattles it dies endangered or not

Comment

Originally posted by timberking View Post
          Western. I am well aware of the regulations. Now about that recipe, you got anything?
          LOL...a couple years ago some guy on here said that if he knew of anyone breaking the law via comments on here he would go straight to the cops. So everyone started chiming in:

"Hey I stole a candy bar when I was "

"Oh I speed through (insert city)

Comment

I’d like to try it soon!

Comment

Originally posted by More Liberty View Post
              LOL...a couple years ago some guy on here said that if he knew of anyone breaking the law via comments on here he would go straight to the cops. So everyone started chiming in:

"Hey I stole a candy bar when I was "

"Oh I speed through (insert city)
              What's his name?!

Comment

Grind it with rabbit and make sausage

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
                  Same here. And when a person is aware of the parasites in snakes. Yuck. I don’t care how high the cooking temperature is.
                  Kind of like frying maggots..even if the heat sterilizes, they are still maggots...

Comment

Originally posted by coon007 View Post
                    I could care less, if its got rattles it dies endangered or not
                    Any venomous snake that shows up around my house can certainly consider itself a threatened species....

Comment

Originally posted by apolloreed View Post
                      Timber or Diamondback?

Timber Rattlesnakes are protected and listed as a threatened species in Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously????????????

Comment

If you can cut the meat from the ribs and fry it, it is better...

Comment

I want to try some rattler someday

Comment

Me and my son in law eat everyone we kill. We usually fry it but last time I pressure cooked it with squirrel.

Comment

I’ve had it several ways, always fried one way or another. It is kinda chewy, and was wondering if any body ever tried it in a crock pot. Maybe street tacos or something ? That’s how I’ve been going to try the next one, but I don’t get one but every four of five trips down there it seems.

Comment

Cut into 2”-3” sections battery and fry like you do fish. Your favorite fish fry batter will do the trick.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Working...
                                X