No announcement yet.

Famous Encounters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I met Val Kilmer back in the mid 90's while I was working at a feed store in
    Santa fe. He lived just out side of town where he had a buffalo in a pen.
    He came to the store so his kids could pick out Easter chicks ( little blue and pink ones) we talked for about 10-15 min. And he was down to earth

Comment

Angelina Jolie
      Been around Dime and Vinnie alot. Spent New Years of 2002 in Dimes house getting thrashed. RIP
      Dave Williams RIP
      David Draimen several times, he's a ****, ALL the time.
      Lots an lots of country singers, through a radio station affiliation.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
        This past week, my wife and I sat next to two gentlemen at the bar in the Arlington Saltgrass. We were all watching curling, eating, drinking and cutting up about not knowing the rules of curling. Spent 30 minutes whooping it up with them. We were still cutting up when they were walking out. Bartender says hey do you know who that was. We were clueless. It was Ron White.

We were both so ****** off. Lol. He definitely looks different.
        You had drinks with tatersalad and didn't know it????

Comment

I ran into this kid one day. My nephews and nieces freaked out when I showed them the pic. This was after a photo shoot with Disney and Nickelodeon.

Comment

Carrol Shelby
            Neil McCoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I remember Charlie had lunch with the Duke!

Comment

grew up with a bunch of pro surfers but not sure anyone on TBH knows who they are
                Mark Hunt a couple times, we have some mutual friends. Nice but pretty quiet guy
                Met Dwayne Johnson one morning, super nice guy. I was having breakfast w/my 7yo nephew and he kept starting and The Rock invited us over to eat at his table. The guy can put down some eggs!
                Perry Farrell (Jane's Addiction) awesome guy
                Pat Green was a pretty big d bag when I met him but he was also blackout drunk
                Jack Johnson used to come to my buddies house a lot. Her dad was an exec at Kodak so they had an amazing house in Malibu that all kinds of celebs would come through. Most were polite enough but didn't make much conversation
                Jeremy Piven (sp) is a complete tool
                Dustin Brown Drew Doughty from the LA Kings used to come drink with us a lot at my buddy's bar in LA. Met a couple of the guys that play for the Kings and all were fun.
                Lyle Lovett was a good guy when we met him and chatted with us for a bit

My lab was a therapy dog and we worked him on a lot of shows and movies when I lived in Hermosa Beach. We met a lot of folks and most were good. Reese Witherspoon was the best one and I wish I would have proposed

Comment

George

Alan Jackson (not so good)

Clay walker and his smoking ex

Pat green and his parents bring drove by Jack Ingram

Cody jinx

Eli young band

Aaron Watson (very cool!!)

Luke Bryan

Miranda Lambert

Chester Pitts

David Carr (db)

Coach kubiack

And a few more working Houston rodeo.

Shaq,Barkley, mj

Last and least Obama when he was running for office

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Met quite a few over the years and can't remember them all.

I have never heard of some of the famous people you guys have met.

Comment

Many years ago, I used to hang out in many clubs and bars, met a lot of band members. one night some guy started talking crap to me, I told him what I thought of him, then about three other guys jumped in and we were going to go at it. I liked to fight back then, so I had no problem with the whole deal. I never did figure out why the A hole started talking crap to me to begin with, but I had no problem with the idea of kicking his ***. Well the club bouncers broke up the deal, before it turned into much of anything. Told me to go back to what I was doing, so I did. Well that night Ugly Kid Joe was playing there, I did not care much one way or another, it was the club I hung out at most of the time anyway. Well when they got on stage, turns out the a holes that tried to start a fight with me were Ugly Kid Joe. So I hung out on the balcony and flipped them off, the head a hole went back to talking crap on the mike, we almost got another fight going. I got told not to stir crap up.

Same club about the same point in time. I was playing pool, my usual routine. Some guy came up and wanted to play a game of pool, ok no problem. Very quickly I realized the guy was David Coverdale. We play a few games of pool, the guy is pretty **** good, I could beat most anybody any day, back in those days. He was pretty hard to beat, he won some I won some. Then two very hot chicks came over and wanted to play also. So we played multiple games of doubles. Things got pretty wild. That was a night to remember. David was a very cool guy. The two chicks that showed up, I had never seen before, seemed like they were following him around. Normally there were not chicks that hot looking in that place. That was a fun night.

When I lived in Houston, I hung out at Back Stage multiple times, ran into a quite a few big name Rockers there. Kevin Fowler was there almost every time I went there. Back in the days when he had the band Dangerous Toys. He would be dressed up in his crazy costume, that he wore during concerts and videos. I have seen Kevin many places over the years. Then our daughter is a fan of his and ran into him up in Lubbock. Pretty sure I ran into Steven Tyler at least once, in there.

As for non music celebrities, I know I have run into a few over the years. The only one I can think of was either Allen or Keith Warren. Which ever one it was, I used to see regularly in convenience stores around New Braunfels, many years ago. Back then, I knew which one it was, but I don't know which is which now, I don't keep track of those two.

Another one I forgot about, one of my heros when I was growing up, was Bob Glidden. Back when I lived in Houston, I used to race at Houston Raceway Park three nights a week. Two years in a row, when I was out at the track for a regular Wednesday night race, I noticed there was a Motorcraft truck and trailer in the pits. The first time I had no idea, figured it was some Ford promotional thing. Then walked over after I pitted, to see what was going on and found Bob and Etta working on the T-Bird. I was shocked. I got to talk to Etta for quite a while. While Bob worked on the car. They were there doing test and tune while most of the NHRA guys were up in Ennis for the national event, coming up that weekend. I guess they found they could get more done, during the week, without all of the other cars there, and those two tracks were supposed to be identical, tracks and only a few hundred miles apart. I did get to talk to Bob also, never wanted to bother him for a autograph. The very next year, same time, they were back on a Wednesday night doing test and tune again. Again, I did not realize they were going to be there, until I saw the truck and trailer, but the second time, I knew who it was right off
                      Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 02-18-2018, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cohenascopy View Post
                        Carrol Shelby
                        Neil McCoy

That would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                          I remember Charlie had lunch with the Duke!
                          Now that is someone I would like to have met and got to talk to for a while.

Comment

Al Gore, George Straight, Sonny Bono,,, did short stint of body guard work for all three,,, still don't like gore, bono was not impressive, Straight at least acknowledged me,,,,,

Comment

I am gonna meet Burnadell, Saltwater Slick and several other famous extraordinaires in month at College Station.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                                That would be cool.

When I worked at a ford dealership I did an oil change on carrol Shelby’s personal f150. He signed me a picture and I have it framed with the work order.

Comment

Working...
                                X