Best all around knives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best all around knives

Looking to get a nice knife for my son. What do you guys recommend for a good all around knife that would mainly be used for whitetails? Not looking for the Yeti version, but something that is great all around. Would like to keep it under $200 and would not be opposed to a set of knives if that is what people prefer.

A simple case trapper has worked for me for the last 30 years. Costs about $40 and i've skinned, de-boned and cut up 100's of deer, squirrels, ducks etc. On top of that it is handy to carry for a everyday strap cutter, box opener etc. The chrome vandium blade stays sharp and re-sharpens easily. If you want a pretty knife talk to mike conners on here and he can hand make you one around that price that will do all the above and look pretty doing it.

Comment

Bama made a nice custom for me that has been really nice for cleaning deer and such. Maybe look into something like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have more knives than will fit in a duffel bag. I seem to always go to this one for cleaning a deer:

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
          I have more knives than will fit in a duffel bag. I seem to always go to this one for cleaning a deer:

http://www.basspro.com/Buck-Cherrywo...RODUCT_HU_VTT1
          That looks nice. Looking at Buck knife sold for Cabelas as well. Thanks for the info.

Comment

They have an entire "cherrywood series" with the nice handles. Their bone collection is awesome as well:

Comment

200 puts you in range of a variety of customs. That price point will get you a simpler knife from a top level guy, but there are a whole bunch of mid-level guys making very good knives under that price point.

Comment

Knives of Alaska. Made in Texas. D2 steel holds edge for a while. 2 1/4" blade length

Comment

Outdoor edge

Comment

Case trapper or stockman. All blades hold a good edge and look nice IMO.

Comment

Buck 105, big enough, yet small enough

Comment

Knifes of Alaska

Comment

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
                          That looks nice. Looking at Buck knife sold for Cabelas as well. Thanks for the info.
                          Cabela's Alaskan Guide Bucks are great knives. I have the 192 and am eyeing the 110.

As far as all around knives, the Buck 110 is about as iconic a hunting knife as you can find.

Here is the Cabela's Alaskan Guide version.
                          Cabela's Buck 110

If you really want to get a great knife, go to Buck's website and build a custom one the way you want. That's a great way to spend a couple hundred bucks for something really meaningful.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                            Cabela's Alaskan Guide Bucks are great knives. I have the 192 and am eyeing the 110.

As far as all around knives, the Buck 110 is about as iconic a hunting knife as you can find.

Here is the Cabela's Alaskan Guide version.

Cabela's Buck 110

If you really want to get a great knife, go to Buck's website and build a custom one the way you want. That's a great way to spend a couple hundred bucks for something really meaningful.

These are the 2 I'm looking at. Might get both but not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X