New Bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Bow

Well, I went to the pop-up shoot at Triple Edge Archery today. Good eats and lots of visiting. Really surprised that there weren't more shooters there. I thought the place would be FULL.

I have been talking about getting a new Allegiance that tops out at 60 lbs. I'm getting less and less able to pull a lot of poundage and want to stay in the 60 lb or less range. This year, with some of the really fast bows like the PSE and the Bowtech 82nd, I started thinking that it might be interesting to see if lower poundage over a longer plateau might shoot faster than a shorter plateau at a higher weight.

I had talked to Sam to see if he could get an 82nd that peaked at 60 lbs so we could play with it some. He got limbs in and Tyler put one together. My goal was to get a bow that was easier for me to draw(less poundage) and maintain my speed. It didn't take but a few shots to decide that was the way for me to go.

My Allegiance is 29.5 inch draw. This bow is 29. Seems a little short, but I'll try it for awhile. At 56 lbs with 370 grain arrow, it shoots near 290. With my little brothers Maxima 250's it shoots 304 fps. Easy to draw and stacks them. Little brother was shooting 4 arrow groups touching. I think he was trying to wreck my arrows.

Hopefully I'll love this bow like I have my Allegiance. It's off to a good start. I'll shoot it at our Banana Bend tournament tomorrow and see.

New toys are cool. Congrats.

Comment

Awesome new toys!!!

Comment

Congrats and good luck at the tourney tomorrow. May your arrows fly true!!!

Comment

I went to 60lbs also. My shoulder is liking it. New toys are fun to tinker with.

Comment

Congrats on the new bow John. I went from mid 60's to 58lbs and I'm a much happier camper.

Comment

Congrats on the 82nd!

Comment

Congrats tuthdoc on the new bow.

Where are the pics?

Comment

That's good stuff, Doc! Congratulations!
                  Lesto!!

Comment

Sweet! its always fun getting new toys!

Comment

New Bow

Congrats on the new Bow.
                      Its always nice to have new goodies

Thank You

Ron

Comment

Congrats Doc, the 82nd is an awesome bow. I went down to a 60# bow this year but am still getting 300fps with a 394 grain arrow.

Comment

Sounds like you found a keeper! Look forward to seeing your LDPs and teaser trail cam pics in the future

Comment

congrats

Comment

hope you fletch a big one on the junco.

Comment

Working...
                              X