Best semiauto shotgun under $1000??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best semiauto shotgun under $1000??

I have been looking pretty hard at semiauto shottys. The Berretta A300 and the Winchester SX4 mainly because they feel and point well for me but I am also interested in the Remington V3 and Remington Versa Max but haven't handled them yet. I was really leaning towards the Winchester SX4 the way it felt in hand and pointed. Especially with the reviews on it and what has been said about it being a soft shooter but the fact that Winchester doesn't offer a warranty doesn't set well with me. I am wanting an all around durable soft shooter for hunting (dove, quail, water fowl, turkey) and sporting clays. Any insight I can get from here on the GS is appreciated.

I think there is an A300 in the classifieds.

Comment

Love my Versa Max. Always cycles a variety of ammo and is supposedly the softest shooter around. No complaints here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Macks PW has a Benelli M2 12ga on sale for $899 right now. That would be a good one.

Comment

Nice I should have searched that first. I normally do but idk why I didn't. Looks like the Beretta A300 wins the vote on that thread. I am thinking that one of the others may fit and function just as well as the A300 but will be a softer shooter than it would be.

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
            Nice I should have searched that first. I normally do but idk why I didn't. Looks like the Beretta A300 wins the vote on that thread. I am thinking that one of the others may fit and function just as well as the A300 but will be a softer shooter than it would be.
            No worries!

fwiw, i have an older beretta al390. old $600 walmart special i bought used like 10 years ago. Best gun purchase ive ever made. I have ABUSED this gun and its never missed a single beat. Buddy of mine just picked up a lightly used beretta urika 391 and i feel like his recoils harder than mine. the a300's are nice tho!

try to shoot a beretta and benelli.. two totally different gas systems. also, dont overlook the franchi affinity

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
              No worries!

fwiw, i have an older beretta al390. old $600 walmart special i bought used like 10 years ago. Best gun purchase ive ever made. I have ABUSED this gun and its never missed a single beat. Buddy of mine just picked up a lightly used beretta urika 391 and i feel like his recoils harder than mine. the a300's are nice tho!

try to shoot a beretta and benelli.. two totally different gas systems. also, dont overlook the franchi affinity

I wish they still sold that A390....3 of my dove lease members shoot them and I owned a 20 ga before I got dumb and sold it to buy another gun. Helluva gun at a helluva price. I'd buy another 20 ga and send anybody that asked me what economical semi-auto to buy that way....or the Weatherby SA-08..

And for the record, the Benelli is not a gas system....its an inertia system..
              Last edited by Smart; 09-11-2018, 09:37 AM.

Comment

I say this on every "which shotgun" thread, look for a used (but in good shape) Beretta 390 if you shoot Beretta guns well. I love the feel and swing of Beretta and really don't care for the other B guns, but everyone is different. I have several thousand rounds through my used 390 and it still shoots flawlessly.

Comment

I have a versa max in the classifieds

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    I wish they still sold that A390....3 of my dove lease members shoot them and I owned a 20 ga before I got dumb and sold it to buy another gun. Helluva gun at a helluva price. I'd buy another 20 ga and send anybody that asked me what economical semi-auto to buy that way....or the Weatherby SA-08..

i wish i could find 1 more in 12 and 2 in 20

benelli inertia.. thats right.. my bad

Comment

ttt

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

I was in Cabelas Buda the other day and they had about a dozen A390's in their used section for sale. All of them were $450. Also had about 6 303's. I'd guess from an outfitter or something.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                          Splitting hairs here some. But I want to say that Benelli is more inertia/recoil operated while Beretta is gas. I grew up shooting AL390 like some here, love the gun. But it makes Benelli cycling seem clunky and slow to me. I cant stand shooting Benellis.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                            Splitting hairs here some. But I want to say that Benelli is more inertia/recoil operated while Beretta is gas. I grew up shooting AL390 like some here, love the gun. But it makes Benelli cycling seem clunky and slow to me. I cant stand shooting Benellis.
                            same here but grew up on a 302 then 303 and now 390. In the last year we've added an a400 xcel (12) and an xplor (20). I didnt think they could make a 390 smoother but they sure did. The 20 my wife got is NICE

Comment

Working...
                            X