Pistol Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pistol Dilemma

So I have been carrying a m&p shield 40 for about 5 or 6 years. Here recently I had the chance to shoot some other stuff running some training/practice drills. I am VERY interested in a Glock 43 or Sig P365. If I got one of the 2 I would probably sell the shield for funds to put towards the Glock or Sig. If I kept the shield I would at minimum replace the recoil springs and stuff with a recoil reduction system and possibly replace springs on the trigger or add a new trigger. So I don’t know if it’s worth putting $180 - $220 into the shield or just selling it to get the Glock or Sig. Anyone on the green screen have any experience with those mods to the shield or with the Glock 43 or Sig P365 and can give a good comparison review?? Thanks!!

Why not a g19?

Comment

I’ve had a SIG P365 on backorder with Brownells since Feb. They suspended production for a bit while working out some failure to go into battery and slide lock issues. It’s a SIG so I trust they will get it right.
      11 round capacity vs 7 and in a smaller or equal overall size of most other micro compacts is what intrigues me about the SIG. Only time will tell but I’m gonna give it a chance.

Comment

I will add this. If I even question reliability in a hunting gun I won’t use it. X100000 for a defense gun. I love New guns lol. But once I get a gun I trust completely, I’ll spend 10x the amount to keep it running vs buying new. Faith in your equipment is worth a lot.

Comment

Have you shot a Shield in 9mm? If you are already used to the Shield ergonomics, it may be a good option too.

I have two G43's. One has between 2k and 3k rounds through it. The other has about 600 rounds through it. Both have earned my trust as reliable for self defense.

I would like to shoot a P365, but not until they get the kinks ironed out.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            Why not a g19?
            I want something smaller than 19.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              I will add this. If I even question reliability in a hunting gun I won’t use it. X100000 for a defense gun. I love New guns lol. But once I get a gun I trust completely, I’ll spend 10x the amount to keep it running vs buying new. Faith in your equipment is worth a lot.
              well put!!

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJake View Post
                Have you shot a Shield in 9mm? If you are already used to the Shield ergonomics.......
                That is what I did. I had three .40 M&Ps. I quit trying to get the .40 to shoot like a 9 mm and and switched everything to the 9 mm. From my duty weapon to off duty, I now carry three versions of the 9mm M&P. Two are Performance Center versions.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                  That is what I did. I had three .40 M&Ps. I quit trying to get the .40 to shoot like a 9 mm and and switched everything to the 9 mm. From my duty weapon to off duty, I now carry three versions of the 9mm M&P. Two are Performance Center versions.
                  Ooooo pics?? I also have a full size M&P full size 9mm. I really like it and shoot it well. Have you shot Glock 43 or Sig P365?

Comment

Keep what you have, get the G43 or M&P Shield in 9MM, or better yet get both.

The SIG is having some reliability issues that would cause concern for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post

Lol I like the way you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post

Three of the same thing lol.

I had a shield 40, got an XD40, back to a shield 40. I’d buy ammo and practice.

Comment

I carry a Glock 43 and love the feel and size especially in summer months.

Comment

I wouldn't sell the .40 or do any mods to it. Continue to save up until you can buy the one you want.

I don't think you'd get much for it. Seems like everywhere you look someone is running a special on them. I just saw a brand new one at Academy on clearance for $299.99

The mods you want to do is because you don't like the snappy recoil of the .40 I can relate. But, will you still have confidence in the pistol with the mod?

Between the Glock and the Sig, I'd get the Glock.

Comment

As said, the P365 sig's are having huge problems. Get the 43, seriously.

Comment

Working...
                              X