truck tents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

truck tents?

Been thinking about getting one but have no history/ knowledge of which are good/bad. I have a 2015 Tundra 6.5 foot bed. Do they keep you dry and do they scratch the paint ( gotta keep my truck looking purdy). Thanks

Are you talking about the roof top tents that mount on a rack or crossbars or the big balloon looking thing that goes over the bed area?

Comment

big balloon thing that goes over the bed.

Comment

Thread needs pics
        Attached Files

Comment

You will need some type of air mattress. The ribs will dig into you. I did it in a fiberglass topper for several years. The truck tents are expensive compared to regular tents but you are off the ground which is a plus when it rains.

Comment

My brother had one, can't remember the brand. Worked great. Also had an air mattress that had wheel well cut outs.

I've thought about getting one for my f150

Comment

This is mine. I have 2013 tundra and it works fine for me. Sorry for quality...
              Attached Files

Comment

I have one that I bought off a member on here a few years ago. I've used it one time and he had also used it only once. It's a Napier Sportz III truck tent. I used it on my 2010 F-150. Just got too old and lazy to go camping.

I'll make you a deal on it if your interested. It's in great shape. Shoot me a PM. I'm located in Decatur.
                Last edited by Froggy; 04-19-2018, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Kodiak Canvas makes a nice one.

The most durable and reliable truck tents on earth

Comment

My biggest problem with them is logistics. I am always setting up camp and then needing my truck to go somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                      My biggest problem with them is logistics. I am always setting up camp and then needing my truck to go somewhere.
                      Wow, good point. When we tent camped, we always needed something. Many times we would not even get food or ice until we had camp set up.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                        This x1000. This is the only readon why I haven’t bought one.

What I have done for summer nights is buy a mosquito net that is big enough to cover the truck bed. I parked under a tree and hung it from the tree. When I needed to drive to town I just drove away and parked back in the same place when I got back. A quick fluff of the net to make sure the bed is all covered and g2g. Plus you get to watch the stars as you go to sleep. Of course winter is a different story.

Comment

I think the Tentcot is a better option.

Comment

Working...
                          X