Foggy Head Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foggy Head Lights

What have people done to clear up foggy head lights? I know there are many products out there, but want to get the right one or get a home remedy.

I bought the headlight restorer kit from oriellies. It was like 20 bucks but it worked awesome on my 05 tundra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Rubbing compound and a buff when done. That’s what the guys do up here at work. Or whitening toothpaste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I did the same on my 2009 Jetta and 2001 F350. They both fogged back up within two years.
        Then I found out that SAMS Club will do this and they offer a warranty. I have taken my vehicles in numerous times and I only paid for the first visit.

Comment

I used this 3M kit and it worked very well - includes pads you put on your drill. The key to success is to follow the directions exactly, take your time and have some patience. I spent probably 45 minutes on each headlight but when finished they looked brand new.

Comment

I heard of a hack to use Off insect spray - just spray on and wipe/buff.
            We used it on my son's old 2000 BMW and it worked like a charm.

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
              I heard of a hack to use Off insect spray - just spray on and wipe/buff.
              We used it on my son's old 2000 BMW and it worked like a charm.
              Doesnt last long but it does work.

Comment

Head lights

Clean with a degreaser, 1500 grit sand paper then degrease and let dry. Mask off around the head lamp and spray the lens with bulldog adhesion promoter per instructions then a 2 part automotive high gloss clear coat. The UV protection in the clear coat will keep the lenses good for a long time. helps to know someone that paints cars and has the spray equipment.

Comment

A guy at the Ford Dealership said just spray some Off on it and wipe. He said that's what they do, it cleared mine up pretty good

Comment

Do not use brake cleaner. I read it worked awesome. Heck no, makes it worse!!!

Comment

I have heard the tooth paste method works pretty good, but have never tried it. Always wondered about the plastic polish they sell in the automotive section. I use to use it to buff and shine duck calls I turned with a CA finish after wet sanding to 800 grit and it polished them up something serious.

Comment

Originally posted by buckfan50 View Post
                        Clean with a degreaser, 1500 grit sand paper then degrease and let dry. Mask off around the head lamp and spray the lens with bulldog adhesion promoter per instructions then a 2 part automotive high gloss clear coat. The UV protection in the clear coat will keep the lenses good for a long time. helps to know someone that paints cars and has the spray equipment.
                        Good info!

Comment

I tried numerous times on one of my headlights. The kits have you sand it down, then wetsand with fine sandpaper, then polish, the apply UV inhibitor. Worked for a little while and then came back.
                          What lasted longest was to buy a can of clear coat with UV protection and spray paint the headlight. Several very light coats. It doesn't bring it back to stock, but better than yellow hazed look.

I replaced tahoes headlights with ones off ebay, relatively cheap, not to hard to install, lasted much longer

Comment

Off bug spray. No joke, it works wonders

Comment

I don't think there is anything out there that will bring a badly fogged headlight back to that sparkling, brand-new clarity. Those fancy kits will help some, or just get a pad on your electric drill and go over it with polishing compound. The best thing you can do, though, is prevent it; they get fogged up from exposure to sunlight. If you're parking your car outside all day at work, it'll happen. No way they can resist that blistering sun all day every day. Maybe park facing a different direction or something. People who use parking garages have it made!

Comment

Working...
                              X