Retriever Training in Southeast Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retriever Training in Southeast Texas

Good morning everyone, my name is Alex Brittingham and I wanted to introduce myself as a longtime member of the site. I don't post too often, although I do spend a fair bit of time reading other's posts.

I recently started a small retriever training business in Beaumont and I wanted to share a few pics and videos of the dogs I have worked with so far. Each and every one of them has been a challenge and a blessing. I am thankful for every day I get to work outside and not behind a desk, it really is a dream job for me. Hope you enjoy!

The dogs and me on our "Summer Trip" in Chama, New Mexico. We went for 2 weeks, but next year I'll probably try to go for a month and possibly stay a few days into elk season It was a MUCH needed break from a hot and humid TX summer!

"Mallie" working on water marks, she will be working on her SH title this fall:

"Kate" owned by Philip C. from Palestine, who is a member of the site. She has excellent control and is currently continuing her marking education and working on 3-handed casting in the yard. She will be going home in October as a started gun dog. This photo was after an obedience session in the yard. She now expects a belly rub after each yard session... I may have created a problem!

Dixie:

Dixie is my personal dog and this was a setup I ran with her while in Chama. A triple with a cold blind off to the right-hand side of the marks. She is almost 2 and is learning to deal with suction. I will be finishing her SH title this fall and hopefully starting master in the spring.

Paris:

Paris was brought to me for a "tune-up" by Bentman, who is a member here on TBH. She is an older dog (about 3 I believe), so I told him she may be limited as to what she can learn. Paris turned out to be an extremely trainable dog. I took her through Double T, Swim-by, and pattern blinds (shown below) and she has been one of the easier dogs for me to work with so far. I am looking forward to having her back in the kennels after hunting season to finish out her training. Good luck this season, Bentman and Paris!

Feeding Time:

I am a firm believer that what you do in the house/yard transfers directly to field work. All of my dogs are trained to sit and wait for their food prior to eating. It also helps with steadiness and teaching the dog to only go on his or her name.

I'll try to be better about posting updates from here on out, thanks for viewing!

Best regards,

Alex

I think earlier this year or last year a guy posted something similar in which he and his girlfriend started a business like this, are you associated with that?

Could you give me a phone number as i would like to see what the cost is to get a mixed breed dog trained to retrieve dove.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysinshorts View Post
      I think earlier this year or last year a guy posted something similar in which he and his girlfriend started a business like this, are you associated with that?

Could you give me a phone number as i would like to see what the cost is to get a mixed breed dog trained to retrieve dove.
      Yep, that's us. Give me a call anytime. (903) 681 1954

-Alex

Comment

Good work! and love the feeding routine! that certainly helps their steadiness.
        Last edited by lanceodom; 09-20-2016, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
          Good work! and love the feeding routine! that certainly helps their steadiness.
          Thank you! It certainly does.

Comment

Originally posted by oneshotlu View Post
            Thank you! It certainly does.

I will have to go like your FB page. I've always trained my own, but I may be in contact. We have been talking about finding my wife's lab a girlfriend lol might send you a copy of his papers if you know anyone intrested. Also if I hear anyone looking I'll point them your way.

Comment

That is so awesome! I have a hard time getting my dog to come back inside once we let her out to go to the bathroom! Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
                I will have to go like your FB page. I've always trained my own, but I may be in contact. We have been talking about finding my wife's lab a girlfriend lol might send you a copy of his papers if you know anyone intrested. Also if I hear anyone looking I'll point them your way.
                Thanks! I try to post regularly on FB so that's definitely the best place for updates. If you ever have any questions feel free to PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by TICK MAGNET View Post
                  That is so awesome! I have a hard time getting my dog to come back inside once we let her out to go to the bathroom! Lol.
                  I had a JRT with the same problem!

Comment

Working...
                  X