2 Month Long Semi Live Waterfowl Hunt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Month Long Semi Live Waterfowl Hunt!

I just got up here to Lubbock this past Friday to start guiding hunts for the next 2 months. I am an independent landman but work is usually so slow around this time that I figured I would come give this gig a whirl. I worked for this same outfitter for 3 years while going to school up here. This summer my girlfriend and I were at the owners wedding and he told me, "you should come up and guide for a month, I could really use the help". I thought for a couple weeks about it and called him up and we worked out a deal for my girlfriend and I to come guide full time for the months of December and January. This is an awesome opportunity for me as I could see myself owning a waterfowl outfit of my own one day. Ill try and post pictures here as often as I can. Here are a couple from the first 2 hunts I guided.

Friday afternoon

Saturday morning. Goose hunting is tough right now as most of the birds are still feeding very close to the roost. The cranes saved the day on this one. 16 lessers, 1 speck, and 10 cranes.

I duck hunted yesterday morning with a man, his son in law, and 3 grand kids from Baytown. We had a good time but the 35 mph wind killed us. After the first shot the birds were out of there. The wind didn't stop the other group from piling up the geese. 6 client limits and the 2 guides limits by 8:20, one bonus snow goose.

Comment

I am looking for an outfitter for a crane hunt, who are you guiding for

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

livin the dream JP!

Comment

Awesome, sounds like a dream gig for sure.

Comment

Found some birds this morning. Now time to call the farmer and lease it up!

Comment

Thats really cool man, enjoy living the good life

Comment

Originally posted by justincorbell View Post
                  livin the dream JP!

Comment

Have fun and try not to get burned out. That is a long stretch..

Comment

Had em flipping on their backs this morming! We had 5 clients and one guide shooting back up and ended up with 22. Could have called some higher shots and probably killed 30 but oh well. The less we shoot at the less we educate. Most of the birds passed us up to go to a bigger feed but the ones that worked did it right!
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416945253.436342.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	24347406Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416945261.901935.jpg
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	24347407Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416945270.168184.jpg
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	24347408

Comment

That upside down goose shot is awesome. Congrats!

Comment

It has been epic so far! Loving this cold weather, it's been a much needed change from Beaumont... Here are a couple more good ones from our hunt this morning.

Last edited by oneshotlu; 11-25-2014, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Finally got to do a little buddy hunting this morning. My uncle came in town to visit my cousin and we easily killed our 12 cranes this morning. Now time to go eat some turkey! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417102767.778744.jpg
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	24347664

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X