2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    You are right... i suck. here i am loggin back on right after lunch and havent killed that deer yet. Cpt Bryan kinda nailed it. I have passed more mature deer this year than ever in my life because of not wanting to burn my tag while i have giants on camera. i sat with two 13 year old nephews while they blasted two seven year old nine pts that i have passed.

There is this dang deer I call Fiddy. He has destroyed my season and saved the life of a bunch of whoppers. Fiddy has been mia for a couple weeks so i decided to go kill that deer I posted yesterday. I pulled a card this morning and Fiddy is back in my life. Crap, I suck..
    I was just giving you a hard time. I know the fun of hunting a specific deer.

Comment

Well, Mama called me Wednesday at 2:00 and told me that one of the bucks we've been watching on camera was out in the front yard with a doe. My response to her was to put the phone down and get her gun and shoot him. After some coaxing we hung up. About 5 minutes I get another call with her telling me that he is in the front yard and the doe is still there as well. With this scenario in my mind, I'm wandering why in the world is she calling me again telling about a shooter buck in my front yard with a doe instead of letting me know whether or not she was able to get the job done. After all these years being married to a remarkable wife this thought should have never come to question. She told me that he had kicked once more and that was it. Now I'm grinnin' like a 'possum and told her that I would be right home.
      Put the tape on him and had 19 3/8' inside with 10 score able points with some more 'character' added on.
      After checking the trail camera, this deer had been all around my front yard for just over 2 hours.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Mom's deer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	186.3 KB
ID:	24519768
      Last edited by Pstraw; 11-26-2017, 02:30 PM. Reason: Didn't post pic

Comment

Can' t get the picture to show up . HELP!

Comment

That’s awesome!! Congrats to the wife!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I was able to get out a few times this past week, got skunked in sits Sunday and Monday. Went Thanksgiving morning and had 2 doe show up and had 1 Thanksgiving afternoon. Of course they show up after our doe season ended. Still waiting on a buck to show when I'm there, they seem to come everytime I'm not.

Comment

I’m the last week I’ve noticed a lot of new scrapes and a lot of the old ones got freshened up. It’s like a switch was flipped here in Montgomery County. What’s going on?

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                Well, Mama called me Wednesday at 2:00 and told me that one of the bucks we've been watching on camera was out in the front yard with a doe. My response to her was to put the phone down and get her gun and shoot him. After some coaxing we hung up. About 5 minutes I get another call with her telling me that he is in the front yard and the doe is still there as well. With this scenario in my mind, I'm wandering why in the world is she calling me again telling about a shooter buck in my front yard with a doe instead of letting me know whether or not she was able to get the job done. After all these years being married to a remarkable wife this thought should have never come to question. She told me that he had kicked once more and that was it. Now I'm grinnin' like a 'possum and told her that I would be right home.
                Put the tape on him and had 19 3/8' inside with 10 score able points with some more 'character' added on.
                After checking the trail camera, this deer had been all around my front yard for just over 2 hours.
                [ATTACH]884787[/ATTACH]
                Some people have all the luck congrats to her.

Comment

Rifle kill from Harrison County 24 November 2017. Chasing a doe down a pipeline from the neighboring property.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Corn piles inside the feeder pen have disappeared . . Squirrels climbing to get acorns . . Rut slowing down . . Stage 2 is close . .

Comment

[ATTACH]884787[/ATTACH]

Congrats to her! Heck of a deer.

Comment

Is movement slow in Texas?

I'm in OK for the week and think I've seen two does and three small bucks. I've usually seen the same deer but most have vanished.

Comment

The last 3 days the deer have wiped out my corn piles. Mainly at night but there is too much activity during the day from my neighbors. At night with the bright moon I can step out on the back porch and if I listen for just a bit I can usually here some light sparing from little bucks. Been watching a few does in the neighbors pasture with no chasing and the bucks have began bacheloring back up. Watched 6 bucks one morning last weekend go off into my sanctuary together.

Comment

It's in "yellow death" mode . . Keep those feeders filled . .

Comment

[ATTACH]884787[/ATTACH]
                              Great east Texas buck!

Comment

Just sitting on back porch with the wife and we were watching 3 sets of bucks sparing. 2 of the 6 were big, nothing real serious on the sparing just sizing each other up a little I guess. All 6 bucks were together.

Comment

Working...
                                X