Urban rattle bug.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urban rattle bug.

This little snake was curled up right outside the garage door last night. If I got one this size hanging out, what’s the chances there are more?

-------------------------------
    Violence never settles anything
    -Genghis Kahn

Looks like it doesn't even have a button that'll make noise yet. I'd say there's a 100% chance there's more.

Comment

I’ve already beat every bit of brush in the yard today and didn’t kick anything up. Momma is worried about the cats and dog.

-Genghis Kahn

Comment

Have you looked in the attic? They love to have their babies in attics.

Comment

Two buttons. He has shed twice.

Comment

If there's any tin or pieces of wood or anything they can get under I'd look there. It could have came from a neighbors yard too though. If it's a new born which I think it is they're not far away. The momma and its brothers and sisters.

Comment

I’m no expert but it does have one hard button it. The rain has stopped so another full sweep is in order.

-Genghis Kahn

Comment

Cats will take care of them. I have 2 cats and they kill them all the time

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  Cats will take care of them. I have 2 cats and they kill them all the time

I only found this one cause the cats had it cornered.

-Genghis Kahn

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                    Have you looked in the attic? They love to have their babies in attics.
                    Sometimes they will have babies in the attic, but mostly in the A/C ducts. That way they can spread out easier and cover more ground.

, I wonder if stoofs' wife reads his threads???

Comment

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post
                      Sometimes they will have babies in the attic, but mostly in the A/C ducts. That way they can spread out easier and cover more ground.

, I wonder if stoofs' wife reads his threads???

She’s actually a tough cookie. She already did a full dissection with the kids. Head removed of course. Don’t think we want attic snakes though. 🤫

-Genghis Kahn

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                        She’s actually a tough cookie. She already did a full dissection with the kids. Head removed of course. Don’t think we want attic snakes though. ��

-Genghis Kahn
                        Good deal, my wife almost stepped on a 3 footer at night a few weeks ago.
                        She saw it just in the nick of time and jumped back. It went to rattling and then her and the kids killed it. I was off at work. She is still a little traumatized and won't go out in the yard at night since.
                        That was the first one we have ever seen and no more since then.
                        Hopefully ya'll won't see any more.

Comment

Double post.
                          Last edited by okrattler; 09-09-2018, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Here's an example of different stages in a rattlesnakes life. The top button is obviously the very first thing they're born with. Not long after they're born they shed and develop a rattle. The rattle below the bead is from a snake that had shed once after birth,spent the Winter underground,came out the following Spring,shed its skin again adding another rattle and then it died.

I just put the big rattle in there just because. I'd guess the snake that rattle was on was 12 or 13 years old when it died. You obviously can't tell from the rattle but I'm going off of the size of the snake itself.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by okrattler; 09-09-2018, 01:26 PM.

Comment

There had to be a bigger one to give birth to that one and all of its litter mates! Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X