Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elusive Critter Sighting

Well folks it finally happened!

It all took place late Tuesday evening when taking my oldest boy to meet my Mom so that they could head out for a hunting trip with my brother. I got all of his gear and guns loaded into Moms truck hugged both of them, told them to have fun and bring home some meat since we have had a slow season here in SETX. Hopped back in my truck with some disgruntled kids who weren't making the trip and pointed the excursion back to the south. We didn't make it 3 miles down the road when all of a sudden I caught movement about 50yds ahead coming out of the woods. At first I wasn't sure what it was, it just looked like a dark blob. As it hustled its way to the shoulder and then across the pavement I was able to get a much better view. Although it was right at dusk with the help of my high beams the dark blob turned into an object that had four legs and long tail. I thought to myself surely not, there is no way, it can't be?

Without a doubt I began to realize that it was indeed the biggest, longest, "blackest" cat one could imagine.

HOUSE CAT that is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black house cats do not exist in the wild. What you saw had to be a black panther/mountain lion. Was their anything near it for size reference? Maybe the grass had been trimmed making it appear smaller?

Comment

Probably a baby black panther

Comment

Baby panther.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
          Probably a baby black panther

Had to be! It was a solid 2-1/2' long, nose to end of tail, and atleast 12-15lbs!

LOL

Comment

[ATTACH]936775[/ATTACH]

Comment

No way it was a house cat, the biologically impossible black mountain lion or geographically nearly impossible black jaguar is much more likely.

Comment

If it was that big it's possible it was a Jaguarundi. https://www.arkive.org/jaguarundi/puma-yagouaroundi/

Comment

As a Four Point, you have not been given the proper instruction/training on how to measure size. Most certainly your scale was off kilter since you just dropped a kid off to go hunt. Obviously you were still in your fit of jealousy and misread the results presented on the said pavement.

Since you are above the Spike status, we will give you and effort point. But please, be sure you properly explain to all that will listen, it was a Black Panther, no doubt.

Comment

No Pictures?

Comment

Working...
                    X