Son got Black Belt Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Son got Black Belt Today

Been a long day and long journey that started 3 years ago. My son Justin got his Black Belt in Karate from
    Troy Dorsey Karate in Mansfield, TX today. The test started at 10am and finished about 3:30pm. It was one intense day of Karate demonstrating kicks, punches, combo's of all. They hd to break boards and spar for a couple of hrs including a 4 on 1 challange against 4 black belts. They were all sucking air and about to drop by the last two spar events. I am so very proud of him and its such a great achievement.
    Attached Files

Breaking boards
    Attached Files

Comment

That's awesome I got mine in '98 and still remember every second of that test. Congrats to your son!

Comment

Congrats I remember when our son got his black belt. His mother was scared to death he was going to get hurt.

Comment

Welcome to the next level of learning.

Comment

Congrats to him !! I know all the work involved in to getting it . How are yawl gonna celebrate.

Comment

Originally posted by gpena View Post
              Congrats to him !! I know all the work involved in to getting it . How are yawl gonna celebrate.
              We took all the kids to eat pizza and they put a hurt on CiCi's. Told him he gets his BlackBelt today next weekend he gets to go bowhunting.

Comment

Congrats to your son... heck of a feat. My son has been in Karate for a year now and really likes it.

something they can use and build on for years to come.

Comment

Congratulations to the young man it is quite an accomplishment. Hope he stays with it, I wish I had.

Comment

good job all around!

Comment

That's really neat! Congrats! Wish we lived close enough to a martial arts place to get our boys involved in a program. I think the martial arts have ALL sorts of advantages for kids, in terms of teaching them life-skills that will help them grow into even better adults.

Comment

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
                        We took all the kids to eat pizza and they put a hurt on CiCi's. Told him he gets his BlackBelt today next weekend he gets to go bowhunting.
                        Very cool dad!!! My boy had about a year left till he gets some black on his belt, tae Kwan do.

Comment

Congrats to both pops and the son!

Comment

Allsome accomplishment!

Dorsey runs a great school.

Comment

Yes, he does run a great school. A great Christian man. The students learn so much more about how to treat people along with martial arts. I'm kinda proud too, I am Justin's mom.

Comment

Working...
                              X