No announcement yet.

Worst landowner "rules"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All aluminum beverage cans become property of the landowner upon being empty and go in these cans for collection.

You can shoot coyotes, pigs, foxes, skunks, racoons, bobcats, possums, wildcats, porcupines, mountain lions, etc... but you can not shoot ringtail cats. No one has ever seen a ringtail cat.

His land his rules. Follow or find a new place to hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by 67olds442 View Post
      No firefighters
      Lol! Was he a retired cop?😂

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

No guests....ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can’t shoot coyotes.
          My wife shot a coyote one day and I sent a pic to the landowner. He asked why we shot it. And then said to not shoot them. He said “coyotes eat pigs. If this was a chicken farm we would shoot coyotes. This isn’t a chicken farm”. That was our last year on that lease. It was a great lease too but landowner was too much to take

Comment

I hunted on a lease one time in Rotan, Texas. It was the best lease I'd ever been on. Only hunted it one year, we got kicked off. Come to find out we were really sub leasing the place. Which is never a good thing. But we had one really bad lease rule. The ranch manager decided that we couldn't drive down the main rd into to property. We had to actually shred a new rd to use into the property. It also made for several mile longer drive into some areas. The bad thing was that the guy checking the cows, hog trapper, and anybody else could use the rd except the deer hunters. Everything went south after that mid season new rule. Just one of the reasons why I decided to buy a piece of property in Oklahoma no more rules!!

Comment

A buddy of mine was on a lease in the early 2000’s, his landowner had a rule that only 10 points or better could be killed. After several years, all of the 10 points had been shot off. But they were over run with middle aged and mature 6,7,8, and 9 points that they weren’t allowed to shoot. Terrific management plan! The owner was very old school in his management thinking, he thought the older ALL bucks get, the more points they will put on.

Comment

These two I thought were very strange.

Got invited to South Texas to a high fence place. Expecting the usual only shoot 4yr old 8s and under and all the doe rules speech. He told us Do not shoot any doe! Shoot any buck you want to��

Went and looked at place one time. While riding around I ask what the rules were on shooting deer. How many, points, spikes,doe, all those questions. He said shoot every deer you see they eat to much.

Comment

I was on a lease in Hondo many years back that the land owner wouldn't let you dump deer or pigs guts on his property. So we had to take them down the county road and dump them on someone else's property. Always made us feel like crap.

Comment

Worst landowner "rules"

Was on a paper company property leased by a local. 3K acres with 20 guys. No written rules.
                    We were told state laws and bag limits were the rules on hunting, and no speeding on camp roads 10 mph. Got my setups finished in March, hunted hogs a few times during the year, everything was great. Get to the gate on Friday before opening bow weekend and key won't work. Call the lease manager (lives on adjacent road to lease gate) and get told gate is locked until opening rifle season to reduce pressure on deer. We explicitly discussed bow hunting, so I question him and he says we can bow hunt, just not in bow season.

I had already decided to leave after the season after hearing this, but it gets better. Last week of muzzle loader season we are in the blinds, muzzle loaders in hand, and he drives down the high-line asking what we are doing, season is over. We answer muzzle load hunting, and he says our season is over we don't muzzle load here.

Never again will I pay for anything without a written contract. It isn't worth the headaches.

Comment

Also some of the rule Johnny Dangerr's had on his San Saba lease where crazy.

Comment

These are great

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                          Reading the 2019 lease finder thread had me thinking about landowner rules.

One of the ads said you couldnt bring firewood onto the ranch or take firewood off of the ranch. Guess its hard to just say no fires?

What are the worst rules you have heard from the landowner on your current lease or in the past?
                          Probably more like someone in the past cut down a bunch of trees for fire wood.

We had that problem years ago. My step father, let some guy he went to school with, on our lease and his son. That turned into a disaster. The son, wrecked our ATV, really messed it up bad. Tried to take over our blinds and the whole lease, camper ect. After wrecking on our ATV that he should not have been on, he tried to sue me. Then at some point, he started living in our trailer on the lease with his girlfriend and started cutting a lot of mesquite trees down and cutting them up to sell as fire wood. Turns out that's how me made his money, was selling fire wood. The land owner found out about him living there and wanted him out. I took care of that problem. Then the land owner found out he was cutting lots of tree and hauling them off for fire wood. That about caused a huge problem.
                          The part where that land owner said no firewood brought on the property, is probably a result of someone having firewood in their possession and claiming they brought it with them, after he found signs of people having cut some trees. So if he says no firewood brought onto the property or removed from the property and you are caught with firewood. You are in the wrong, does not matter if you claim to have brought it in and not cut it down. At that point he does not have to prove where it came from.
                          Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 01-07-2019, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Some of these stories make my blood boil...

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                              Probably more like someone in the past cut down a bunch of trees for fire wood.

We had that problem years ago. My step father, let some guy he went to school with, on our lease and his son. That turned into a disaster. The son, wrecked our ATV, really messed it up bad. Tried to take over our blinds and the whole lease, camper ect. After wrecking on our ATV that he should not have been on, he tried to sue me. Then at some point, he started living in our trailer on the lease with his girlfriend and started cutting a lot of mesquite trees down and cutting them up to sell as fire wood. Turns out that's how me made his money, was selling fire wood. The land owner found out about him living there and wanted him out. I took care of that problem. Then the land owner found out he was cutting lots of tree and hauling them off for fire wood. That about caused a huge problem.
                              Just wow

Comment

No shooting javalenas. They were the landowner's "Gallant Little Warriors".

Comment

Working...
                                X