110 mig welder lincoln

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

110 mig welder lincoln

I was wanting to weld 2 - 3 inch angle iron together. If I beveled the edges of the iron on the 45 degree cuts would this welder be able to weld the iron together or would i need to get an arch welder. Also how about square tubing. One last question, would it help to heat up the iron with a torch prior to welding, to get a better weld. I have a 110 mig welder lincoln right now

Bump for warrington

Comment

What size welder do you have ? What thickness of metal is yours capable of?

I'm not sure about pre-heating. I don't think you need to. Those welders get the metal plenty hot. I'm wanting to get a 110volt welder. I got a 220 stick from my son and want one for little stuff.

have fun with it... and be careful.

Comment

You should not have to preheat the metal. 110amp MIG machine should do what you are asking with out a problem....

Comment

Just make sure your on a 30 amp breaker so you can throw the heat to it

Comment

Ok yes your welder will do it no problem..clean the cuts really good and it will weld much better. the smallest lincoln will weld and hold some thick stuff. I used to use one of these and still do at times when I am in a jam or in a hurry

Comment

Working...
            X