Jerky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jerky

Man, I've been on a Webers Black Peppercorn seasoning pack marinade kick for a while... try it on sirloins.. ummm ummm...

Well, Randalls had their london broil on sale for $1.99 a pound and the Webers seasoning packs are 10 for $1 (or $1 for one package for us math majors ).

So I sliced thin and marinated the london broil steak in the Webers Black peppercorn. I then put it on the dehydrator and it turned out great. Very pepper spicy with a good flavor since it didn't cook off much of the seasoning.

Think I am going to try some more seasoning packs now like Chipolte and others.

Easy to do.

That sounds good - I also like to use London Broil for jerky. Where can you buy the Weber's marinade?

Comment

it is in the section with all the packets for like taco seasoning, gravy, etc...

it is dry powder packet and the instructions for mixing are on the back... 1/4 cup water, 2 tsp vinegar, and 1/4 cup oil... I put in the required oil but for jerky it might not need that much or any at all.. it did not turn out greasy but I can tell it had oil on it...

I just get a gallon zip loc bag and shake up the packet mixture well, then dump in the sliced meat and mix it up and throw in the fridge over night.
      Last edited by JTS; 07-28-2008, 10:37 AM.

Comment

I use a smoker instead of a dehydrator but so far Zach's jerky mix has been a favorite around here. Also I use eye of round. Just to give you some other ideas.

Comment

Working...
        X