Quail Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quail Recipe

Anybody got a good quail recipe? We got 10 yesterday and want to cook'em up! Oven or BBQ pit...Thanks in advance...

It's more precious than the coveted backstrap around here........and ONLY served chicken fried!

I know guys who use the dove grilling method, and others who prefer to brown in a skillet and simmer in cream of whatever soup........but that's communism in my book.

Comment

Recipe For Quail From (koondog)

Get Stove Top Chicken Stuffing, Mix With Onion, Bacon Bits And Jalapeno, Stuff Raw Birds With Stuffing And Sprinkle With Montreal Chicken Seasoning Bake At Low Heat In Pyrex Dish.

Comment

Cajun style, deep fried.

Inject with...

Click image for larger version

Name:	tony_chacheres_marinade.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	23828237

then sprinkle with...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tony_chacheres_creole_seaso.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	23828238

then deep fry. Four minutes for breasts, one and a half to two minutes for legs. Not a second more.

Comment

It's a sin not to chicken fry a quailbird! Be sure to make plenty of gravy. They need no doctoring; save that for dove, duck, magpies, etc.

Comment

Milk, flour, hot lard, gravy, salt, pepper, and EAT.

Aint that right Berandel?

Comment

chicken fry it for sure.^^^^^ what he said

Comment

Chicken fry! HA. I guess yall havent had the famous grilled Quail at Bill and Rosa's! I'm making some this weekend will post pics!

Clarified Butter, 10 Lemons, 4 Cloves of garlic. And that's just what you dunk em in!

Comment

same as mesquitecountry just sprinkle on some lemon pepper while they cook.

Comment

Communism I tell ya! If you wanna grill somethin go buy some chicken legs!

Comment

LOL Moser! For that I'm definitely taking pics and I might even concoct some bacon wrapped venison with some cranberry glaze for you this weekend! VIVA LE PARILLA REVOLUCION! AY YI YI YI!

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post

Clarified Butter, 10 Lemons, 4 Cloves of garlic. And that's just what you dunk em in!
                        Now you've got me interested in trying this on some yardbird legs...........more details please???

Comment

I like fried quail, but grilled quail is awesome too. If Legdog will post his photo "grilled quail; blue quail on mesquite coals," we can all salivate in unison.

Comment

Take 1 pound of butter. Put it in a pot. Melt and cook at medium until all of the white falls to the bottom and becomes slightly browned. Strain off the oil.

Next take 1 cup of the oil and juice from 5 lemons and place it back on the stove in a small pot on medium low. Whisk it every 30 seconds or so to get them to combine. Next throw in about 6 crushed not cut garlic cloves. Keep stirring. Do this for about 10 minutes or so and make sure the liquid is warm not hot! You dont want to make this extremely hot.

Now season up your quail with a little salt and pepper and butterfly them open. dunk them in the mixture and put it on a hot grill bones down flip this a total four times. I dunk three times. Before I put it on. Do a round of flips then dunk. Then dunk again after the second round of flips and place on the grill for a few seconds and voila!

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                              Take 1 pound of butter. Put it in a pot. Melt and cook at medium until all of the white falls to the bottom and becomes slightly browned. Strain off the oil.

Next take 1 cup of the oil and juice from 5 lemons and place it back on the stove in a small pot on medium low. Whisk it every 30 seconds or so to get them to combine. Next throw in about 6 crushed not cut garlic cloves. Keep stirring. Do this for about 10 minutes or so and make sure the liquid is warm not hot! You dont want to make this extremely hot.

Now season up your CHICKEN with a little salt and pepper and butterfly them open. dunk them in the mixture and put it on a hot grill bones down flip this a total four times. I dunk three times. Before I put it on. Do a round of flips then dunk. Then dunk again after the second round of flips and place on the grill for a few seconds and voila!
                              Got it, Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X