What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do?

My fil draw length is too long. Its an 05 allegience so i know itll take cams to swap dl, and new strings. Not sure the cost, guessing $200? He really dont have money to spend to do that. Or should he just sell the bow and use that money to buy one that fits him? Biggest problem will be draw weight. He shoots 50#. I know he can turn a 60# bow down. Any ideas?

Why would you need new strings if all you are doing is changing draw length mods? Nothing on BTs web site in the older manuals indicated any need for a string replacement for DL changes.

Buy the mods and keep on keeping on!

Comment

Isnt 05 ally draw length specific? Theres no mods on his bow. I figured since going shorter, string would be too long.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
        Why would you need new strings if all you are doing is changing draw length mods? Nothing on BTs web site in the older manuals indicated any need for a string replacement for DL changes.

Buy the mods and keep on keeping on!

http://www.bowtecharchery.com/admin/...BT05_speed.pdf
        yup.. just buy the mods.

or if cams are draw length specific... just contact local bowtech dealer and see what he can work up...

also try the classifieds over on Archerytalk.com
        Last edited by hully1029; 08-13-2012, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Search bowtechs site or give them a all later. It might be cams and not modules, but either way the string lengths are fine.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
            Search bowtechs site or give them a all later. It might be cams and not modules, but either way the string lengths are fine.
            Thanks

Comment

what draw length mods you need? I have a set of 28" smooth for an '06 Alligance if they'll work for ya. Shoot me a p.m. if you'd like.

Comment

'05 Allegiance has DL specific cams.
                Strings are same length.

Comment

Working...
                X