5 pin sight distances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 pin sight distances

New to bow hunting and upgraded my sight to a 5 pin spot hogg and was trying to decided what distances to set my pins at. Was thinking 20, 30, 35, 40, and 45. Thought.

This is my first season if bow hunting.

That's a great start with those distances. Just be sure you practice a few times at 10 & 15 yards in case one comes close.
    Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyneutrontx View Post
      New to bow hunting and upgraded my sight to a 5 pin spot hogg and was trying to decided what distances to set my pins at. Was thinking 20, 30, 35, 40, and 45. Thought.

if your bow shoots 260 and up its gonna be hard to gap in 5yd incriments. try 10. go 20 30 40 50....60 way out there I mean it can be gapped in 5yd I just like more space in between my pins. its up to you though. What are you hunting for?

Comment

Originally posted by TX_H-F View Post
        if your bow shoots 260 and up its gonna be hard to gap in 5yd incriments. try 10. go 20 30 40 50....60 way out there I mean it can be gapped in 5yd I just like more space in between my pins. its up to you though. What are you hunting for?
        YEPPER .. Im only using 3 pins of my sight the other two are just puhed to the bottom for emerg spares

Comment

Mine are set at 20 30 40 50 60

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyneutrontx View Post
            Was thinking 20, 30, 35, 40, and 45.

thats what i have currently set. i'm shooting 63# @ 278-282fps and the 5 yrd increment is so small that if i increase weight i'll be eliminating those. thinking of a 20,25,30,40,50 or 20,30,40,50,60.

this will be my first season hunting too. i've been target shooting and doing 3d club shoots since i bought my first bow in '08. how long you been shooting archery?

Comment

I would go 20-60 that's what I have mine set at there's really no need in 5 yard inc

Comment

5 yard increments really clutters up the sit window and blocks a lot of the target/animal when aiming at it. You can always experiment and change them as you need or want to. IMO one only needs 3 pins for hunting distances on WT. 22 30 and 38.

Comment

Originally posted by Okdeerhunter View Post
                  I would go 20-60 that's what I have mine set at there's really no need in 5 yard inc
                  X2

Comment

I have my 3 pins set at 25 - 35 - 45 for elk hunting. 5 yards on the short in are too close but at the long end 5 works good, IMO.

consdier 20 30 40 45 50 - Not many shots on whitetails out past 30 or 40 anyway.

Comment

10 yard incriments is the way to go, most shots you get will be under 40 yds anyway. Chances are you can hit good with the top pin all the way out to 26 or 27 yds anyway if your bow is shooting 255 fps or more. I have 20 30 40 50 on my four pin

Comment

20, 30, 40, 50, & 60

Comment

15 yd gap for me 15,30,45,60,75 but you will need a fast arrow 280fps

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
                            Mine are set at 20 30 40 50 60
                            same here.

Comment

What kind of bow are you shooting? Speed will make a difference in the sight pin spacing.

I am one of the many 20-60 yd guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X