No announcement yet.

New Strings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved the Korbin Strings I put on my Z7x.. The best strings I have shot for sure.. And customer service rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
      Im gettin Vapor Trail from Double G. Ive always used winners choice but im goin to give VT a go.
      I love my VT they are holdin up good been shooting them for about 5 months and shoot every day or every other day at least. Dont think you will be disapointed.

Comment

I am having trouble decifering what constitutes a good string. I checked out Vapor Trails and their sight is verry convincing. Along with Winners Choice as well. But I am not sure what all the numbers equal to when it comes to the materials they use. I tried to look up Zebra strings but thier sight is under construction.
        So what would y'all recomend? Ordering the strings first then having (insert archery shop name here) install them and tune up my bow? Or do I take it to a shop and have them order them for me?
        Next question: Would the company be able to get my string for me just by brand, year, draw length of the my bow or do they need to come off to measure the existing string correctly?

Comment

Glen Brazell in Wimberley just made me a set, installed and tuned for $100 even. I had to leave my bow with him for about a week but could not be more pleased. The dude seems to know his stuff. My bow feels more solid than it ever has.

Comment

Originally posted by FULL DRAW View Post
            I am having trouble decifering what constitutes a good string. I checked out Vapor Trails and their sight is verry convincing. Along with Winners Choice as well. But I am not sure what all the numbers equal to when it comes to the materials they use. I tried to look up Zebra strings but thier sight is under construction.
            So what would y'all recomend? Ordering the strings first then having (insert archery shop name here) install them and tune up my bow? Or do I take it to a shop and have them order them for me?
            Next question: Would the company be able to get my string for me just by brand, year, draw length of the my bow or do they need to come off to measure the existing string correctly?

If you go to Double G. He'll order the correct strings and cables of VT and you can custom order the colores you want and he'll install em. Im droppin my 82nd off there Friday.

Comment

I've never tried VT strings but have heard the were good. APEX127 on here makes VERY good strings. I'm about ready to have him build me another set.

Comment

I am looking to get new strings put on my bow. I haven't changed them out before and they are going on over 2 1/2 years now. I was wondering what the GS thought about good strings and where would be a good place to have them installed and have my bow put back together the right way. Somebody suggested Zebra strings and said that KC's in Spicewood would be a really good place. What do y'all think? I live in Kyle? Any shops around the Austin/San Marcos area that y'all would recomend that you have actually used before?
                Thanks!
                I uesd east texas archey on my hunting an bowfishing bow. Very good work, no strrech or peep movement. and top notch quality. If you do end up going with them send me a pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Skullworks52 View Post
                  I uesd east texas archey on my hunting an bowfishing bow. Very good work, no strrech or peep movement. and top notch quality. If you do end up going with them send me a pm.
                  Is that a string or a shop?

Comment

Any sponsoring bow shop on this site will hook you up right. Look on the right hand side and see if there is on close to you. I know that double G is pretty close to the area you were talking about.
                    If the shop installs your string set you will leave happy and satisfied with the purchase. Most shops go beyond just tossing the string set on and actually set your bow up correctly.
                    Give me a shout if you have any other questions.
                    Korbin

Comment

Is that a string or a shop?
                      Its a shop but the owner of the shop Jeff makes strings. i can give u his number if you would like?

Comment

Just got my VT's on order. Halo serving and a one year warranty even on the dang serving. Im so gonna stress test that warranty lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                          Glen Brazell in Wimberley just made me a set, installed and tuned for $100 even. I had to leave my bow with him for about a week but could not be more pleased. The dude seems to know his stuff. My bow feels more solid than it ever has.
                          http://glenbrazell.com/
                          Just emailed him to feel him out. How did you come across him? Does he have a shop in Wimberly? That is really close to me since I live in Kyle so that would be convienent.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                            My last Winners Choice ran around $110. Strings cables and all.

Call Paul at Double G and ask about the Vapor Trails. He's in Georgetown. Im droppin my bow off friday to get some. Dunno what they cost. Just gettin em.
                            Do you have the VT arrow rest that is limb driven? I saw it on their sight. Like I said earlier, their sight is verry convincing. Makes me want one.

Comment

Do you have the VT arrow rest that is limb driven? I saw it on their sight. Like I said earlier, their sight is verry convincing. Makes me want one.
                              Im getting the new Pro V.

Paul has those in stock too. Talked to em today.

Comment

Just emailed him to feel him out. How did you come across him? Does he have a shop in Wimberly? That is really close to me since I live in Kyle so that would be convienent.
                                Round about way. But I did get a good recommendation from a TBH member. He is young but if you look at his stats the guy is a shooter. My bow came back tight and lean. I am very happy and he was easy to work with. He does not have a shop that I know of. But I don't think you would be disappointed.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343783862.394435.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	24099885Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343783886.120374.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	24099886
                                Crappy iPhone pics!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...