Trespassing or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trespassing or not

135 acres owned by a several companies based few hundred miles away. Contacted the Land Manager about leasing, they said they would get back to me about it.
    Year later, no contact, no signs, no fence, no purple paint just property with three right of ways through it and lots of brush n trees and pigs. I have hunted it numerous times and the sheriffs dept deputies have been at my truck "just making sure you were OK" then they drive off.
    What's your take?

Trespassing

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      Trespassing
      Absolutely. If ya' don't own it, lease it, or have permission.....

Comment

Originally posted by deer99hunter View Post
        Absolutely. If ya' don't own it, lease it, or have permission.....
        Then you're trespassing.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
          Trespassing
          This

Comment

Hunt it. Nothing is illegal till you get caught. And so far the sheriffs don't care.

But yep your trespassing.

Comment

not only are you trespassing, you're trespassing with a firearm and possibly "poaching." Having a firearm while your trespassing ups the class and it's grounds for having your CHL taken if you have one.

Comment

Well pigs ain't worth all that... its easy to give this one up

Comment

I don't see any difference in this and cutting a gate in a large ranch and hunting it. You are knowingly hunting without permission

Comment

Um. Yep

Comment

Depends on if you are smart enough to know better which most times correlates with your age.

Comment

Trespassing and possible poaching

Might have
                        Bowhuntingw contacting ya soon

Can't believe someone would come to a online form and post something like this

Comment

I'm surprised at the question. And suspecting troll. Or...

Comment

I think your ok, but you might want to call 1-800-792-game just to be sure. Make sure to give them a good up to date location so they can help you.

Comment

It is legal trespassing under Texas law if there is no fence, or no purple paint, signs etc. That's why as a landowner you have to do the fence,paint or signs thing, so you can prosecute. The law is specific about distance between signs or paint and the paint color. You have to actually jump through a few hoops to legally protect your land from trespass. The easiest and most common is fully fence your place.

Comment

Working...
                              X