No announcement yet.

LRGV NWR draw hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info will be trying for the elusive Teniente Slam.

Comment

Anyone hunting this weekend?

Comment

I'm here now and it's slow. Not a lot of action, a few nilgia but mostly pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer75 View Post
          Good luck. We are heading down this Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Homer75 View Post
            Thanks for the report keep them coming.

Comment

Towboater & Enewman, looks like we'll be hunting together this coming weekend. Shoot me an email if yall need some help I'll have a cart down there if we get lucky! I've got my tripod ready to go as well.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0081.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	24268570
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0071.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	301.0 KB
ID:	24268569

Comment

Good luck to yall post some reports,this will be my last hunt of the year and im getting excited

Comment

Originally posted by coachwhip View Post
                  Towboater & Enewman, looks like we'll be hunting together this coming weekend. Shoot me an email if yall need some help I'll have a cart down there if we get lucky! I've got my tripod ready to go as well.
                  [ATTACH]576783[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH]576782[/ATTACH]
                  You do the same if you need help. Good luck.

Comment

I went down Wed to set up a couple of stands and saw 4 whitetail's and 3 that I couldn't tell if they were cows or whitetails. I didn't hunt Thur but went down on Fri and stayed until Sun evening. I ended up with a big goose egg, still a fun trip. All in all durning the hunt, I ended up seeing 4 bulls, 1 buck, 2 Jav's and 1 coyote. Heard some turkeys Sunday morning that were real close but didn't show themselves. Talked with others out there and overall just seemed slow. I didn't run into anyone that killed a thing and even the GW's said they haven't seen anyone that killed anything. I hope if your hunting around the rut you'll do better; the buck that I did see still had a skinny neck. Not sure this will help you but, that's about all I can contribute. Good luck to ya'll that are still to go down.

Comment

hunted Laguna Atascosa first bow hunt and the first gun hunt. the cooler weather between the two seemed to have improved the movement quite a bit. lot more scrapes so better times are on the way, especially with more cold air headed south. surely makes for better dragging, good luck to all.

Comment

9 hours later and 01:30 in the morning. We're in raymondville.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                          9 hours later and 01:30 in the morning. We're in raymondville.
                          goodluck post up some reports

Comment

good luck and post up a report..

Comment

Did a lot of looking didn't see much. We set up two tripods. I do wish I had made them taller. Lots of places a 10 ft chair height stand would work. Ours are 6 1/2 to chair

Comment

Had 3 bucks come by 130 yards out this morning headed to bedded area, moved location a little closer for the AM hunt, temps should be better tomorrow, it hit about 82 today!

Comment

Working...
                                X