Close encounter of the copperhead kind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikerosa View Post
    Kill that POS. I know you snake lovers hate that. But it’s poisonous and has little value to a human getting bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Venomous.

Comment

Originally posted by Jen-Man View Post
      What he said[emoji3516][emoji3516][emoji3516] but I do put dirt all around the bottom for that and to keep breeze out that likes to float my sent out the window. No snakes yet.

this is what I do as well.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
        We are covered up in copperheads around here. I don't think you can keep them out of a blind.

A dude in south Georgia(where I hear copperheads are rare) just got bite while he was hunting. Medical bills are over 200k.
        https://www.gon.com/news/copperhead-...n-memorial-wma
        I’ve never been one to harp on this, but the medical system is just ridiculous. 200K to get treated for a bite, completely criminal.

Comment

Venomous.

My bad

But to an Italian ? That venom is poison [emoji3517]

Lol

Comment

We are covered up in copperheads around here. I don't think you can keep them out of a blind.

A dude in south Georgia(where I hear copperheads are rare) just got bite while he was hunting. Medical bills are over 200k.
            https://www.gon.com/news/copperhead-...n-memorial-wma
            8 vials costs him that much? That's just insane. Hell it's cheaper to die or lose some digits.

Comment

I almost stepped on one this weekend. I always walk with a walking stick and wave it in front of me, especially if its an area with high grass. When I waved it to my right side, something moved very fast by my right foot. I recognized the pattern right away. Freaked me out for sure because I was going to step on it. That was too close for my comfort. I decided to take another route (the grass was very tall in that part of the woods).

Comment

Exactly why I don’t hunt out of pop ups on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by mikerosa View Post
                  Kill that POS. I know you snake lovers hate that. But it’s poisonous and has little value to a human getting bit.

*venomous

Edit- tried to delete but I don't see the option?

Comment

Originally posted by Riceguy View Post
                    I’ve never been one to harp on this, but the medical system is just ridiculous. 200K to get treated for a bite, completely criminal.
                    I concur.

We don't have a health insurance problem. We have a health care cost problem.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                      8 vials costs him that much? That's just insane. Hell it's cheaper to die or lose some digits.
                      I need to start milking my copperheads.

Comment

I need to start milking my copperheads.
                        I guarantee you if I got a bill in the mail that looked like that (assuming I didn't have a coronary) I'd be sitting a bucket of them in the lobby at the hospital so they could replenish their supply. Either that or they'd have to put it on my tab. That's just stupidness.

Comment

It took me few days to circle back to this as we were running our TYHP youth hunt this past weekend, man was the weather nice. I agree on the elevate, I have been wanting to build a bow box blind at this one spot because the only way to hunt it is from the south and being inside helps control the stink. I thing short term I am going to try piling dirt around the edges as Jen-Man and Huntindad said.

Those that elevate your pop ups are you doing it with a wooden platform, how are you securing it?

Comment

Most pop ups have a flap at the bottom around the edges. If I'm putting a pop up out for a season long placement, I take a shovel and be sure those flaps are facing to the outside of the blind and I cover them completely with dirt. It keeps the snakes and bugs out pretty good. I check it good every time I hunt the blind for the season...

Comment

Venomous.

Poison you bite, venom bites you

Comment

I quit hunting pop ups on the ground when I found 2 Cottonmouths in my pop up. I did not see them until it got light enough to see I ended up cutting a new door out the front. that was a couple of years ago I don't believe deer come back to that location on my place as much of a commotion as I made.

Comment

Working...
                                X