No announcement yet.

How old did you start deer hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was 11. Shot a doe in Colorado county on my BIL family land. Been hooked since.

Comment

Been going with my dad ever since I was old enough to sit still and be quiet. Hunting by myself at 12

Comment

Started at 10.. on my own at 14

Comment

44 yrs, started hunting whitetail deer at 12, first whitetail with a rifle was a doe at 12, first bow kill deer was a spike buck when I was 13. Shot over his back and he came back over to sniff the arrow and I spine shot him with the second arrow standing in the same spot. Almost missed twice. I was dropping my arm and not pivoting at my waist and shooting high. Shot him with a two blade Bear broad head with bleeder inserts, a cedar arrow, feather fletching and a green Bear fiberglass bow. Been hooked every since then.

Comment

Started hunting when I was 25, 5 yrs ago. My dad didn't hunt so my brother and myself picked it up on our own. I'm now teaching my boys

Comment

Deer hunting-15 years old

Coon hunting-4 years old

Comment

Comment

5.....been at it for 41 years
                  Archery at 10 because that was when I was strong enough to pull back the required 45 pound minimum.
                  To be completely honest I started with a bow at 10 but what a 10 years old kid was doing in that 10' tripod in New Waverly, Texas was more like gettin me out of my dads hair so he could bow hunt..... Mine was more like a 10' 3 legged babysitter

Comment

Started sitting with my pops at 4 using a bolt action 410 with buckshot! Got my first tree climber at 10 for Christmas and it was the kind you had to face the tree because my dad didn't want me turning around up the tree
                    Last edited by bamabreezy; 12-05-2015, 09:43 AM.

Comment

with a rifle when I was around 10, with a bow about 13.

Comment

My dad was a bird/duck hunter....but he took me deer hunting when I was about 10. Sat on a limb ,10 ft up a bull pine, in freezing rain for about 3 hours while he still hunted. Next hunt was after I was on my own, at about 18, and been at it almost 50 years now.

Comment

Took my first Deer at age 7, that was 38 years ago. Boy how time goes by quick

Comment

Working...
                          X