Box Blind Anchors - Rocky Soil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Box Blind Anchors - Rocky Soil

Got a Box Blind and going to elevate it @ 1.5 FT off of ground and level it with cement post .. The type you use a 4 x 4...

Besides a tree .. What do you use to anchor it in Rocky soil.. Half a 55 Gal drum with concrete & hook in middle .. Is what I was thinking .
    But what have you used ..

An old man who hunted out in West TX his whole
    life taught me this technique. This stand has been thru 75MPH winds and hasn’t budged an inch. The pipe causes the barrel on each side to work together to keep it from spinning or lifting in high winds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cut a cedar down to its stump and put an eye hook in it. Anchor the blind to it with a cable

Comment

Both of these are great ideas. Just 2 more examples of green screen wisdom.

Comment

Anchors

I use a generator and a hammer drill and put concrete anchors in the rock with turnbuckles and wire cable with ferrules. Isn’t going anywhere and our shortest stand is on a 10’ base.

Comment

the last place I had with a lot of rock I place the stand over big solid rock. I took a concrete drill bit and anchored it to the rock with concrete bolts and cables.

Comment

i wouldnt use concrete if you can use rocks... would be a major pain to move if you have to get off lease or dispose of properly

Comment

Make a round stand...the wind will just go around it since there will be no flat surface for the wind to push against. How do you think Indian teepees stay up on the windy plains.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                  Make a round stand...the wind will just go around it since there will be no flat surface for the wind to push against. How do you think Indian teepees stay up on the windy plains.
                  Octagon shape works the same. Still need to anchor it with hammer drill and rebar IMO.

Comment

We use four 5 gallon buckets full of concrete with closed looped hook in the middle and wire. Put them on each of the blind with the wire draped across the blind.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                      Did you miss Mitch's post with the Krivoman floating in the pond?

Comment

Forgot to mention ... I own the Land ... So not leaving any tim soon and already got the
                        4 x 6 metal frame ..

Comment

Kind of hard to explain and not the best picture but.......all of our blinds are fibreglass with a built im eye on the bottom center. I procured some 3/8" stainless wire rope, cable clamps and rebar from work. Cable clamped a length of wire rope to the bottom of the stand, ran the wire rope through 5-6 cinder blocks and cable clamped a 2' piece of rebar to the opposite end of the wire rope and then filled the cinder block holes with concrete..... works really well and have remained standing through 60-70 mph winds during thunderstorms and cold fronts

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                            Cut a cedar down to its stump and put an eye hook in it. Anchor the blind to it with a cable

This!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                              Did you miss Mitch's post with the Krivoman floating in the pond?

Did you miss the part about it being 90 plus mph Tornado? I have so many blinds in Kansas and they get some serious winds in the 50-65 range and my blinds dont move. Round it way better than Square. Hard for wind to grab it..

Comment

Working...
                              X