2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
    Looks like an awesome night fishing the lights!! Congrats Johnny!!
    What lure is that ?
    Something I threw together. 1/32 jig head and found those little minnow imitations near the tube jigs at Academy. Always seem like trout are always feeding on glass minnows in the lights. This rig is deadly for this situation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
      Something I threw together. 1/32 jig head and found those little minnow imitations near the tube jigs at Academy. Always seem like trout are always feeding on glass minnows in the lights. This rig is deadly for this situation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      Thanks for the info and your right about the glass minnows in the lights. They are always chasing the smallest minnows in the lights. Looks like y'all flat out whacked em

Comment

I like throwing the smallest clear swimbait with no weight on an ultralight under lights.

Comment

You guys are slamming them! Dang rain or i'd be slinging!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

When the trout are around, I’ve never had a problem catching them on cocahoe glows. Trout can’t stand it when you drag one past them at night.

Comment

Nice. Any trout? Two more days!
              Originally posted by tyak View Post
              Hackberry Saturday 6/16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                Fished Big Lake this weekend. Didn’t have a boat so we were just fishing from the pier. Had a blast and caught a good box of fish.

What part of the lake were y'all on? Thinking of getting an early start to find some dock lights this weekend before sunrise. But haven't been out there enough to know where lights are on. Was thinking prien or lake street was a safe bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                  What part of the lake were y'all on? Thinking of getting an early start to find some dock lights this weekend before sunrise. But haven't been out there enough to know where lights are on. Was thinking prien or lake street was a safe bet.

We were down by Hebert’s on the East shore. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                    We were down by Hebert’s on the East shore. Good luck.

Thanks. We'll be staying at my folks in sulphur. Heberts is a ways out. Gonna have to do some scouting!

Comment

We will be back down in Seadrift in a few days and can’t wait. I hope the rains don’t muck up fishing from the bank because I really want to tie a fly on in the wee hours and play with the schooling specs just off the sea wall. We shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                        The jetty on the ship channel just east of town or heading out to the surf? I'll be down there in a month and plan to fish the jetty just east of town as I don't have a boat.
                        The ones headed out to the surf.

Comment

any tips on where to fish south of Galveston and north of San Luis Pass?

Comment

Headed back to Mansfield tomorrow

You guys continue to impress!!!

Just about loaded and ready, I have a brisket cooking right now so all we have to do is heat in oven before afternoon wade Thursday. Steaks for Friday night and I'm confident we will be having a fish fry on Saturday night. Can you tell I'm in charge of the food? 9 of us total with three boats, should be fun dodging the rain, clouds I love, lighting is a no go. I will let ya'll know how it goes. Plenty of Sand eel jrs and DSL's packed and ready!!#beatthecroakersoakers

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                              any tips on where to fish south of Galveston and north of San Luis Pass?
                              Wade, surf, boat, or yak?

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                                You guys continue to impress!!!

Just about loaded and ready, I have a brisket cooking right now so all we have to do is heat in oven before afternoon wade Thursday. Steaks for Friday night and I'm confident we will be having a fish fry on Saturday night. Can you tell I'm in charge of the food? 9 of us total with three boats, should be fun dodging the rain, clouds I love, lighting is a no go. I will let ya'll know how it goes. Plenty of Sand eel jrs and DSL's packed and ready!!#beatthecroakersoakers
                                Where y'all headed? Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X