20 Guage Slugs for Public Land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
    I would get some of these from bloodtrail http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...t=hagerman+hog

You taking about those fullbore zinc slugs or the segmenting Steel slugs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have shot federal and Hornady SST and all the ones have grouped well at 100yrd out of my 20ga savage slug gun. Shot a deer with the SST and killed the deer. Not sure if shot was bad or bullet did something funky, but went in front quarter and ended in hind quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
        I have shot federal and Hornady SST and all the ones have grouped well at 100yrd out of my 20ga savage slug gun. Shot a deer with the SST and killed the deer. Not sure if shot was bad or bullet did something funky, but went in front quarter and ended in hind quarter.

I’m sending my 200 to the famous Randy Fritz from Tarhunt Slug guns for a custom barrel, glass bedding, and a little action work. He’s building this test gun for me to review on my YouTube channel and Facebook page (Buck and Slug Reloaders).

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
          I’m sending my 200 to the famous Randy Fritz from Tarhunt Slug guns for a custom barrel, glass bedding, and a little action work. He’s building this test gun for me to review on my YouTube channel and Facebook page (Buck and Slug Reloaders).

Nice! I’ve been wanting one of their bolt slug guns for a while now. Really hard to find used and darn expensive new. Look forward to hearing how yours turns out. Did they give you a timeline on the work?

Comment

Originally posted by Ispdnxs View Post
            Nice! I’ve been wanting one of their bolt slug guns for a while now. Really hard to find used and darn expensive new. Look forward to hearing how yours turns out. Did they give you a timeline on the work?

Randy said a couple of weeks. I have 5 other slug guns so I’m in no real hurry.

Comment

Working...
            X