• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ghost View Post
    Sorry for late response. I just posted the list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    thank you!

Comment

Hunt #9 for me; looking forward to it!Thanks for the post and the message, ghost. Good to luck to all the hunters in here.

Comment

I am new to the whole public land hunting. i did not make the effort to apply in time but next year its on. i enjoy reading all the threads on Public hunting!

Comment

We got drawn for the 3rd hunt. Should be warm but at least we can hunt Deer, Turkey and doves. Missed last year but got drawn for the turkey hunt. Saw 2 but not when we were hunting. The areas we usually turkey hunt were under water this year. Going to start scouting now for October.

Comment

I got drawn for hunt #6! First time doing it. Going scouting now and narrow down my spots. Couple questions for the vets.

Can you use a trail cam? Are you only allowed to feed for your 2 week period or can you feed prior? Is it better to hunt during the week and avoid the crowd on the weekend?

Thanks for any info in advance.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ace141 View Post
              I got drawn for hunt #6! First time doing it. Going scouting now and narrow down my spots. Couple questions for the vets.

Can you use a trail cam? Are you only allowed to feed for your 2 week period or can you feed prior? Is it better to hunt during the week and avoid the crowd on the weekend?

Thanks for any info in advance.

Trail cams are ok. I’ve never had one stolen yet and people seems to respect them. Corn can be thrown out anytime and open to all public at any time. I’ve had guys walk dogs by just hiking and have had a large family ruin a hunt while on the trail of a 160 class buck by swimming drinking and lighting large bon fire 150 yards from my stand. For the most part of you get off the beating path you can find good spots and not be messed with much on any day. Key is to get in and hang a set before someone else does. I mark them bright so people know I’m there. They either move away or they camp next to me which they would do anyway. I shot two doe last year and had many other opportunities. Those deer are smart however and catch on you quick.

Comment

anyone have any experience with the TYHP hunt at Benbrook? The info says it is in an area not open to any of the other hunts. Just thinking of applying for that one for my son since we live in Granbury and it would be convenient.

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
                  anyone have any experience with the TYHP hunt at Benbrook? The info says it is in an area not open to any of the other hunts. Just thinking of applying for that one for my son since we live in Granbury and it would be convenient.

I heard that it’s a very high success rate but the spots go fast. I would recommend it for the youngsters.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                    Trail cams are ok. I’ve never had one stolen yet and people seems to respect them. Corn can be thrown out anytime and open to all public at any time. I’ve had guys walk dogs by just hiking and have had a large family ruin a hunt while on the trail of a 160 class buck by swimming drinking and lighting large bon fire 150 yards from my stand. For the most part of you get off the beating path you can find good spots and not be messed with much on any day. Key is to get in and hang a set before someone else does. I mark them bright so people know I’m there. They either move away or they camp next to me which they would do anyway. I shot two doe last year and had many other opportunities. Those deer are smart however and catch on you quick.

Thanks ghost! I found a few spots yesterday that looked good. Wednesday I'm going to check out the other area. I'm pretty excited because it's only 10 minutes from the house. Cant beat that

Comment

I didn’t see any youth hunts for COE on Benbrook. Can you share a link please sir. Might be interested in applying for my son if it’s not to late. Thanks

Comment

I will be spending a lot of time at my place in Oklahoma but if anyone needs help tracking or gets into a pickle I live right next to the Granbury Road entrance off Chisholm Trail Parkway. May be available if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
                          I didn’t see any youth hunts for COE on Benbrook. Can you share a link please sir. Might be interested in applying for my son if it’s not to late. Thanks

It’s a Texas Youth Hunting Program hunt so you have to apply through their website. Tyhp.org

Comment

It’s a Texas Youth Hunting Program hunt so you have to apply through their website. Tyhp.org

Thank you sir

Comment

This morning I was checking one of my trail cams and came across another cam about 100 ft from mine. Anyone here recently set up a wireless trail cam with a tree hugger type corn feeder? If so could you PM me? Thanks in advance.

G

Comment

Originally posted by garza View Post
                                This morning I was checking one of my trail cams and came across another cam about 100 ft from mine. Anyone here recently set up a wireless trail cam with a tree hugger type corn feeder? If so could you PM me? Thanks in advance.

G

[emoji23] If the Corp finds it that set up will go bye bye.

Comment

Working...
                                X