Bow Blind Front Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow Blind Front Design

I've been skimming the bow blind builds on here for a week or so now and I've noticed a lot of people do the semi-octagon build in the front with three windows, however, I've also seen a few guys that just do a flat front with 3-4 vertical windows....

So what says it green screen, better to have the semi-octagon or will flat front work just as well?

I'm thinking about building a box blind as one of the spots I have has a terrible swirling wind and deer diverge on this feeder from all angles so I'm hoping a box blind will knock down my scent a little more. I really only have one angle to shoot from where I would put the blind which is straight out front to the feeder so I'm thinking I could get away with the flat front and 3-4 windows.

I built mine with the bay window design. To me it gives you a little better field of vision and a larger field of shooting opportunities vs. the standard 4 sided box blind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've built both and just finished building another one and it's flat in the front with 2 vertical and 1 horizontal for the grandkids crossbow. When I had the octagon front I only ever used one window to shoot out of but it allowed me to see in other directions.

Comment

I only shoot out the front window but having the other two at angles is nice because it enables me to see almost 180 degrees. Not only am I more likely to see game coming in, the increased view is slightly less boring than looking just straight ahead.

Comment

I have the semioctagon on my bow blind. Hubby has flat front on his. I hate his because u have to lean forward to see to the sidemen my octagon is easier to see. Plus I can shoot out the sides with less movement. All I have to do it pivot, in his with the flat front, i have to take steps/ shuffle around.

Comment

Three sided front on all of ours. Gives you a lot more visibility without having to move around in the blind.

Comment

I am building mine with a flat front. I will only shoot one direction. That being said, I plan to put in some smaller, non shooting windows on each side so I can see both directions, but will only be shooting from the flat front.

Comment

If you dont mind me asking,,, where did you find those brackets you have on the legs of that stand? Thanks! Cool stand!

Comment

I’ve been building flat front with only one bow shooting window. My kids hunt so I need rifle windows. The bow window has two deerview windows. One folds up and the other folds down. If the kids are hunting with me I can leave the bottom one up and they can shoot off of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The more open windows, the more light that gets let in to show more movement and the more scent that comes out. I'd rather just have one window open for shooting and take my chances. I have other windows to open or peep through but mostly they stay closed and have a piece of dark tint in them to view out of. This style has worked well for me for years. I also prefer more length horizontally since I am directly on the ground and hunt on flatground. The vertical only has to be low enough to shoot at my feeder and just before so tall windows are just overkill at my deer lease with no pigs or night hunting.. I do have a pig blind here locally with a long vertical window (22") tall.....and only so I can use a Sniper hog light at night.

My Seismic blind

Click image for larger version

Name:	00Seismic blind updated1.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	24542770

Name:	AA Seismic1.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	285.2 KB
ID:	24542782

Name:	00Seismic view1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	24542771

Name:	00Seismic view.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	24542772

Slacker....This one is kind of piece meal because I changed the windows through the years to accommodate my different pens its been in since 2008. Its basically one big center window and another window that opens to hunt outside the pen. All the others are just tinted plexi peep windows for looking. I just posted for the center window though.

Name:	AA Slacker.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	294.2 KB
ID:	24542773

Name:	AA Slacker hunting view5.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	24542774

Name:	AA Slacker hunting view6.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	24542775

I will close the center window at Slacker and hunt out the left window if the deer are coming to hand corn better outside the pen. Window is the same height when open as my center window. Not quiet as wide but I make it work. As close as my deer get, multiple vertical windows would get me busted all the time.

Name:	AA Slacker side view7.jpg
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	24542776

Name:	AA Slacker hunting view4.JPG
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	24542777
                    Last edited by Smart; 06-14-2018, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Tagged!! I need to build some for north Oklahoma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        The more open windows, the more light that gets let in to show more movement and the more scent that comes out. I'd rather just have one window open for shooting and take my chances. I have other windows to open or peep through but mostly they stay closed and have a piece of dark tint in them to view out of. This style has worked well for me for years. I also prefer more length horizontally since I am directly on the ground and hunt on flatground. The vertical only has to be low enough to shoot at my feeder and just before so tall windows are just overkill at my deer lease with no pigs or night hunting.. I do have a pig blind here locally with a long vertical window (22") tall.....and only so I can use a Sniper hog light at night.
                        Thanks Smart!

I may run this route as well... I haven't really dedicated myself to a design yet and I'm not real sure the vertical windows would serve me any benefit. Still throwing around ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by ladybluearm View Post
                          If you dont mind me asking,,, where did you find those brackets you have on the legs of that stand? Thanks! Cool stand!
                          This

Comment

I prefer the flat front but I will say way more importantly is make sure the blind is sealed up good all around and let's in as little light as possible. That is way more important to me as it does not allow you to be seen near as easily. We have 1 blind with the octagon front and I get busted all the time because the wind swirls terrible and it's not pitch black inside. The other 3 with flat fronts are sealed up well and allows for a bit more movement and therefore do not get busted as easily or as much.

Comment

I think Smart makes some good points about windows - smaller is better. Unless you are using mesh, too many or too large windows are a recipe to get busted. The windows in this one are only 8" wide and 12" tall. In it's current set up I hunt with two open - the middle one faces the feeder and another faces where I throw hand corn. I also have a small screen-covered viewing window at eye level on both sides. I like to build them 6' deep so you can sit farther back from the window.

Name:	4af178f301dc2a30b1d669bd47417622.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	377.6 KB
ID:	24542816
                              Last edited by jerp; 06-15-2018, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X