This one takes the prize....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one takes the prize....

I always read the "I got my stuff ripped off from bass pro shops parking lot stories" and shake my head. We live in a brutal world. Why leave anything of value in your car? Here in the Houston Heights you might as well just throw your stuff away if you're going to do that. I'm a pretty locked down individual and I'm definitely not afraid to walk out of the house with a shotgun and stick it up to a thieve's head .....like I did a few years ago.

However how can you prepared for somebody stealing your front door??? Yup, our front door!! Now we are in the process of having our house totally renovated and we're not currently living there ( renting the house immediately next-door). I got home from the airport at 11 o'clock last night and when I pull past the house being remodeled I could not understand why the contractors left the door wide open! Upon further investigation I realized the door was gone!

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad and it wasn't like it was $200 cheapo from Walmart. Oh well motion detector goes up, they'll be back and they will wish like hell they didn't.

They will steal the craziest stuff.

Comment

Ill stay in Porter where our front doors are safe.

Comment

People aren't thieves because they steal stuff, they steal stuff because they are thieves. It doesn't matter what they steal.

Comment

Geeze.. I've heard of them stealing some off the wall stuff before, but to take the whole door? That's a new one..

I had some tools stolen out if the bed of my truck at a stoplight before.. Pulled up next to me, jumped out, tossed stuff in their trucks and sped off before I even processed what happened. Jokes on them tho.. They snatched maybe $50 worth of harbor freight wrenches.. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Was your kitchen sink still there?

Comment

Must be Price is Right fans. Which door do you want? That one LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                I always read the "I got my stuff ripped off from bass pro shops parking lot stories" and shake my head. We live in a brutal world. Why leave anything of value in your car? Here in the Houston Heights you might as well just throw your stuff away if you're going to do that. I'm a pretty locked down individual and I'm definitely not afraid to walk out of the house with a shotgun and stick it up to a thieve's head .....like I did a few years ago.

However how can you prepared for somebody stealing your front door??? Yup, our front door!! Now we are in the process of having our house totally renovated and we're not currently living there ( renting the house immediately next-door). I got home from the airport at 11 o'clock last night and when I pull past the house being remodeled I could not understand why the contractors left the door wide open! Upon further investigation I realized the door was gone!

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad and it wasn't like it was $200 cheapo from Walmart. Oh well motion detector goes up, they'll be back and they will wish like hell they didn't.
                Some lucky lady is getting a new door from her man this Valentine's Day

Comment

MY GF lives in the Heights. Her jeep got broken into a few times and she got on the nextdoor app, coordinated with her neighbors and they eventually found the meth/crack head that was stealing everyone's stuff.

Somewhat unrelated since you own the place. But I know if more than one land lord that used to take the front door off of his rent houses to be "repaired" when people were late on rent. Maybe someone needed to replace their front door.

Comment

Originally posted by John316 View Post
                    Some lucky lady is getting a new door from her man this Valentine's Day

Said it before I could.

Comment

I had used oil taken out of the bed of my pickup in an HEB parking lot.

DJ

Comment

I hope the this is an open and shut case. The investigation will probably hinge on fingerprints or DNA. This thief should be locked up. If they catch him, have a few fingers of knob creek to celebrate. Or find the crook and slam him.

See what I did there.

Comment

I say a special LEO needs to plant dummy cars loaded with goods and use those parking lots as night time range practice. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                            I hope the this is an open and shut case. The investigation will probably hinge on fingerprints or DNA. This thief should be locked up. If they catch him, have a few fingers of knob creek to celebrate. Or find the crook and slam him.

See what I did there.
                            You saying they should close the door and not let him out?

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                              MY GF lives in the Heights. Her jeep got broken into a few times and she got on the nextdoor app, coordinated with her neighbors and they eventually found the meth/crack head that was stealing everyone's stuff.
                              THIS is the app that everyone in my neighborhood uses also. If you live in a neighborhood/subdivision I would recommend downloading it. Might be surprised that your one of the few not already on it in your neighborhood.

Comment

Working...
                              X