Need sock recommendations for lots of walking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need sock recommendations for lots of walking

I'm heading to an undisclosed location in the Davis mountains in 2 weeks to hunt Audad and have been breaking in a pair of Danner hiking boots. I can tell that if we really are walking alot that my socks are not going to cut it!

Need to know what you all who have done some tall walking or climbing use. Preferably something I can get in the next 5 days or so! I'm close to Houston so REI is an option or innerweb from Amazon.

Thanks as always!

I got tired of my socks slidilg down in my boots. These are about $18.00 a pr. But well worth every bit. Check them out, they are for basketball.
    Nike Elite, Cushioned, soften the impact, They even have a R an L n them for us polish folks.
    They do not slip!!! If your into fashion, they come is a lot of colors!

Comment

Farm to Feet is my go to brand and I wear merino anytime I have boots on my feet.

Comment

The Smartwool ones I got from BassPro have done me well. I used them on a hunt I did for Nilgia that had me walking around 32K acres.

Comment

I've always just used Army socks. You should be able to get them from a surplus store.

Comment

Thorlo light hikers are my go-to hiking sock.

Comment

These are thicker socks made for work boots. I like them. Bought em over two years ago.

Attached Files

Comment

Go to REI and get liners and cushioned wool socks

Comment

Darn tough, smartwool, or bridgedale. Liner socks help if you can handle the extra bulk/thickness. Darn tough are my absolute favorites!

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                    Darn tough, smartwool, or bridgedale. Liner socks help if you can handle the extra bulk/thickness. Darn tough are my absolute favorites!
                    I forgot about Darn Tough. Those are nice. Come with lifetime warranty and made in Vermont.

Comment

Merrell courant.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                        Online?

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                          Thorlo light hikers are my go-to hiking sock.
                          I used some Thorlos on a border operation several years ago and had great luck with them.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                            I got tired of my socks slidilg down in my boots. These are about $18.00 a pr. But well worth every bit. Check them out, they are for basketball.
                            Nike Elite, Cushioned, soften the impact, They even have a R an L n them for us polish folks.
                            They do not slip!!! If your into fashion, they come is a lot of colors!
                            Fashion is everything

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170212-124221.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	24485068

Fox river gets my vote.. I wore these on my last deployment. All dismounted ops. By far the best socks I had over there

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X