Sons first buck!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sons first buck!!!!

Not with a bow but it was an awesome experience. When we approached the stand, we could see a nice 8pt under the feeder. We walked on in and got in the stand and of course that one left. Two does and a fork horn came in about ten minutes prior to the feeder going off. He wanted to shoot a doe but I really didn't want to clean one tonight with the Longhorns playing so I kept telling to wait and see if a buck shows up. About twenty minutes after the feeder went off this joker showed up. He had been my target buck all thru bow season and I couldn't close the deal. After holding him off on the doe, I had no choice but to let my boy have him. He like to have never offered us a shot. Once he got broad side, I could here dj's breathing was really shallow and really fast. I said calm down and breath slow. Put your crosshairs just behind his shoulder and.... That's all I got out. BOOM. I had no idea where he hit him. We walked over to where he had shot him and found very little blood. My heart was sinking. We walked in the direction that he ran towards an opening. Dj was out in front of me and turned and said "we are not going to find him are we dad?" I turned and looked back to the south east and there he was. He only went about thirty yards. When I looked for the shot it was right behind the shoulder where I told him to shoot. Should have never doubted him. Not a bad first deer for an eleven year old. Problem is I have twins and what one does, the other one must equal. We will be headed out with twin #2 in the morning. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446346325.894450.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	25071360Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446346348.504540.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	25071361

Very nice buck, congrats to the lil man.

Comment

Nice buck partner, congratulations!!!

Comment

Nice congrats

Comment

Awesome! Congrats to him!

Comment

Good job! Congrats young man.

Comment

That's awesome!
              Congrats

Comment

Awesome! Nice buck

Comment

Good job dad...that smile says it all!!! Now let #2 pull the trigger!

Comment

Great buck!!!

Comment

Good buck. Good job!

Comment

Comment

man that's a great 10th deer! congrats!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Very nice buck I'm jealous lol

Comment