No announcement yet.

Wreck'em Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great game. But, as good as they were all season on defense, they just gave them the 3 that took them to overtime. Looked they just let him shoot it hoping he'd miss.

Comment

****it. Nice run.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Now that my heart is no longer beating out of my chest I can talk about the game....

First off; heck of a season and loved every minute of the ride! It was a special group of guys and they all bought in all season long. None of these guys were 4 or 5 star recruits, they all just bought in and left it all on the floor all season.

As for the game I thought we experimented with Tariq in the lineup for way too long. It was apparent 5 minutes in that he wasn't quick enough to keep up on defense and he became a liability for the rest of the defense. It really REALLY hurt us not having him at 100%. My only other issue with the game was Culver's shot with 12 seconds on the clock (6 left when the shot left his hands). You haven't made but 1 shot outside of 5 feet the entire game and bricked every 3 point you shot all night and decide that that's the shot you want to take with the national championship on the line....NO!!! Take the ball to the rack and earn it or pass to a guy with a hotter hand but don't put up a prayer from outside, especially with time still on the clock!!! Poor execution.

I wont get into missed calls/refs because that kind of stuff always goes both ways. Virginia played a heck of a game and had their 2nd most efficient shooting night of the SEASON last night.... and we still had a chance to win.

Proud of this team but I wont say this one doesn't hurt a lot.

As a consolation... I'd really like to see some news out of Lubbock today about a long term high paying deal for Beard.

Wreck 'Em!

Comment

I think if #11 would have been 100% the outcome would have been different but that is just bad luck. Beard is one heck of a coach and if Tech can keep him in Lubbock, they will be tough to beat as he builds his program. Congratulations to the Red Raiders.
          Adios,
          Gary

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post
            AGREE on that call so late in game. Let them play.
            One of the worst replay overturns I can remember. It ended the game right there. To me, this is when replay has gone too far. 10,000 out of 10,000 refs watching that play live (or even normal slow motion)call it Tech ball. Replay it frame by frame and maybe his pinky touched it??? C'mon man! Call the basketball game.

Comment

Heck of a game. No shame in that loss. Congrats raiders hold your heads high.
              Last edited by mattjproc; 04-09-2019, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Hell of a run for a team that "wasn't supposed to be there" this year. Was happy to see Edwards step up and look forward to seeing him play next year. Great Season! No more flying under the radar for Tech Basketball, secret's out of the bag....WRECK EM!
                Last edited by Fmjag64; 04-09-2019, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HillCoBowHunter View Post
                  Now that my heart is no longer beating out of my chest I can talk about the game....

First off; heck of a season and loved every minute of the ride! It was a special group of guys and they all bought in all season long. None of these guys were 4 or 5 star recruits, they all just bought in and left it all on the floor all season.

As for the game I thought we experimented with Tariq in the lineup for way too long. It was apparent 5 minutes in that he wasn't quick enough to keep up on defense and he became a liability for the rest of the defense. It really REALLY hurt us not having him at 100%. My only other issue with the game was Culver's shot with 12 seconds on the clock (6 left when the shot left his hands). You haven't made but 1 shot outside of 5 feet the entire game and bricked every 3 point you shot all night and decide that that's the shot you want to take with the national championship on the line....NO!!! Take the ball to the rack and earn it or pass to a guy with a hotter hand but don't put up a prayer from outside, especially with time still on the clock!!! Poor execution.

I wont get into missed calls/refs because that kind of stuff always goes both ways. Virginia played a heck of a game and had their 2nd most efficient shooting night of the SEASON last night.... and we still had a chance to win.

Proud of this team but I wont say this one doesn't hurt a lot.

As a consolation... I'd really like to see some news out of Lubbock today about a long term high paying deal for Beard.

Wreck 'Em!
                  Perfect summary

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                  One of the worst replay overturns I can remember. It ended the game right there. To me, this is when replay has gone too far. 10,000 out of 10,000 refs watching that play live (or even normal slow motion)call it Tech ball. Replay it frame by frame and maybe his pinky touched it??? C'mon man! Call the basketball game.
                  The call doesn’t bother me. If the ref’s decide the game, then you didn’t do your part in the 1st place. Play a little tighter D or hit a few more shots and that call does not matter

Comment

Agreed 100%. There is a pro and a con to replay. That call is the reason myself and a lot of others don’t like replay in sports. When it comes to the fact you are going to replay every call to make sure it is right, what is the point in having refs on the court or field?

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                      Agreed 100%. There is a pro and a con to replay. That call is the reason myself and a lot of others don’t like replay in sports. When it comes to the fact you are going to replay every call to make sure it is right, what is the point in having refs on the court or field?
                      I'm in favor of replay in general. This one just hit me as overkill. A guy slaps the ball out of your hand, not off your knee, you didn't double clutch or fumble with it. It was just a clean defensive play and the ball goes out of bounds. I didn't even see the need to replay it....still don't. It just seemed to add an unnatural element to the game for me.
                      Not a Tech fan but I was pulling for them last night.

Comment

It sucks for Tech but it was the right call. That’s why there is replay, if they would have left it as called, UVA would have gotten screwed.

Comment

13 seconds left in regulation TT up by 3 and VT going in for an easy 2pts. Two defensive players turn and run towards him leaving a man open for a 3. Boom they tie it up. If they would have stayed on there men, let them score the easy 2 it probably would have been over. Throw it in, get fouled shooting for 2 with a lead still.

Great season no doubt. Tech fought hard. Refs were terrible on multiple calls.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                            It sucks for Tech but it was the right call. That’s why there is replay, if they would have left it as called, UVA would have gotten screwed.
                            That's not why we have replay, in my opinion. Replay to me is to overturn a bad call. That wasn't a bad call. If you go frame by frame, then his pinky may have touched it last. If you think about the physics of it, that probably happens on 50% of balls that are slapped out of someone's hand. Do we really need to replay all of those calls? Have we been getting it wrong all these years? It takes it too far and it isn't indisputable evidence for me.

Comment

That's not why we have replay, in my opinion. Replay to me is to overturn a bad call. That wasn't a bad call. If you go frame by frame, then his pinky may have touched it last. If you think about the physics of it, that probably happens on 50% of balls that are slapped out of someone's hand. Do we really need to replay all of those calls? Have we been getting it wrong all these years? It takes it too far and it isn't indisputable evidence for me.
                              The initial call was a bad call. That’s why it was overturned.

Comment

My issue with replay at the end of the game is why only the end. The first possession and first point count just as much as the last point. Do it for every call or none. How many possession calls did Tech get “screwed” on earlier in the game? We don’t know cause no one is looking at those with a microscope. It wastes too much time which can have an even bigger effect on momentum and flow. That effects outcome more than getting the call right. If you must use replay it must be obvious enough to overturn in 10 seconds or less.

Even with all that I don’t think the call made a difference in the game either way. The difference in the game is with a 3 point lead when 2 defenders collapsed on a guy going for 2 and left a guy wide open for 3. That’s the human error factor in the game that makes it so frustrating and fun at the same time. We wouldn’t want to take the human factor out of the players and we can’t take it out of the refs so why try so hard.

Comment

Working...
                                X