Anyone loading 105 grn bergers in .243?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone loading 105 grn bergers in .243?

Hunting some data, but dont care to buy an entire manual for a bullet I may not keep loading.

Email Berger they will send you load data back in a few minutes.

Comment

I've got the Berger reloading manual at home, can reply back later tonite with data

I'm shooting the 105 gr VLD hunting in my Stiller 6BR fast twist

make sure your 243 has a 1:8" or the pills won't stabilize

Originally posted by Randy View Post
      Eric Stecker is your contact person , Walt's grandson and dude knows his stuff

Comment

great video worth watching

I've met Walt and his late wife Eunice (cancer ) several times as they are class acts

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3VCN1Ly81U"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3VCN1Ly81U[/ame]

Comment

Thanks guys.

Cajunblake, Im not a fan of the Bergers, but have heard theyre way better than they were 5 years ago. I havent shot them but some good buddies have had some bad experiences down range. Picked up a box of the 105 gr VLDs last week and giving them a shot.

Comment

if the Bergers don't work in your 243, consider the Sierra 85 gr HPBT

friend of mine has used that bullet exclusively to kill over 3,000 deer in the last 30 yrs.
            He has a depredation permit and is contracted to shoot deer year round.

I use that same pill in my 6mmRem , killed quite a few deer in Ozona out to 375 yds.

Comment

Originally posted by gandergitter View Post
              Thanks guys.

Cajunblake, Im not a fan of the Bergers, but have heard theyre way better than they were 5 years ago. I havent shot them but some good buddies have had some bad experiences down range. Picked up a box of the 105 gr VLDs last week and giving them a shot.

I can't help with your question but would like to know what you don't like about the Bergers?

Comment

Some of the older Bergers were shooting awesome, but not performing on game. I know 1 hunting party that had a pretty bad time in Colorado 4-5 years ago. These arent bad shots either, but they had a terrible time with animals hit good and not going down. Bullets were sub MOA on paper, and the guys can all shoot but i know they lost a bull and a buck. Supposedly the newer VLDs are far superior to what they were shooting. Im not sure exactly which bullets they were, just that they were bergers.

Comment

Called Berger and already received my data. Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                    I know this was common in the past but now that they have published a manual I just can't see them giving the info away for free.

I know I wouldn't had a just expanded my business and dumped considerable coin into publishing a manual.

It seems that enough people have by now there could be some sharing going on...

Comment

Originally posted by gandergitter View Post
                      Some of the older Bergers were shooting awesome, but not performing on game. I know 1 hunting party that had a pretty bad time in Colorado 4-5 years ago. These arent bad shots either, but they had a terrible time with animals hit good and not going down. Bullets were sub MOA on paper, and the guys can all shoot but i know they lost a bull and a buck. Supposedly the newer VLDs are far superior to what they were shooting. Im not sure exactly which bullets they were, just that they were bergers.

Interesting. I've been shooting Bergers for about 8 years now and they have performed very well for me.

I wonder is they only used to produce a target bullet and then branched into the hunting line of bullets more recently.

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                        I know this was common in the past but now that they have published a manual I just can't see them giving the info away for free.

I know I wouldn't had a just expanded my business and dumped considerable coin into publishing a manual.

It seems that enough people have by now there could be some sharing going on...

Why not? Pretty much every bullet manufacturer will send you data that you ask for. Most of them publish it on their website for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          Why not? Pretty much every bullet manufacturer will send you data that you ask for. Most of them publish it on their website for free.
                          They sell the books for convenience. The load data is to sell bullets.

LWD

Comment

Walt Berger came from the old school as he believed in helping EVERYBODY with load data and questions about custom rifles & barrels. He'd rather you hear it from the horse's mouth than from someone you don't know who publishes load data on the WWW

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

just don't call JD Jones and ask for load data regarding his TC proprietary JDJ cartridges.

I had a 309JDJ and 6.5JDJ as he refused to share any helpful insight over the phone.

ornery old fart

Comment

I wonder if Berger has the data for 6.5-06 AI...

Comment

Working...
                              X