Trey Gowdy is Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trey Gowdy is Out

This was surprising. He's only 53 and it's not like he's in danger of losing his next election: he's won more than 65% in each of his elections.

I wonder if he's getting tapped to replace Sessions?

Edit: Out as in not running for re-election in 2018, not out of the closet .

I will miss him - sharp and tough. There's about to be an opening on the federal appeals court bench - the judge from the 4th Circuit is retiring (in S Carolina). It wouldn't surprise me to see ol' Trey in a black robe soon.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      I will miss him - sharp and tough. There's about to be an opening on the federal appeals court bench - the judge from the 4th Circuit is retiring (in S Carolina). It wouldn't surprise me to see ol' Trey in a black robe soon.
      I would much rather him be a conservative on the Bench then in Congress. Possibly setting the cards for supreme court justice

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
        I would much rather him be a conservative on the Bench then in Congress. Possibly setting the cards for supreme court justice
        Maybe Ginsburg has been dead for 5 years and the stench has finally apexed and he goes straight to SCOTUS

Comment

He said he would rather get back on the legal side of things...by that I mean maybe as a judge or in AG department.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post

That would be best case scenario. I would love to read his dissents on various rulings...but I would like it even better if he contributed to a majority that did not result in the need for him to write a dissent in the first place!

Comment

Me thinks he would be an awesome AG.
              At the very least SCOTUS.
              Once they cut off Ginsberg's daily formaldehyde dose she will turn to dust anyway and he would be a good un.

Comment

What ever he does and where ever he goes he will certainly improve the situation.

Comment

Is he related to curt gowdy? I'm serious.

Comment

Just read he is more interested in being a lawyer or professor than a politician. Can't really blame him but we need more like him in politics.

Comment

Whatever happened to Benghazi?
                      He's going to accept it as a loss and move on?

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
                        Just read he is more interested in being a lawyer or professor than a politician. Can't really blame him but we need more like him in politics.
                        He said that in a interview, "His plan were never to stay in DC"

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                          Whatever happened to Benghazi?
                          He's going to accept it as a loss and move on?
                          The only loss was American lives. Gowdy's work exposed hillary as incompetent at the state department. It helped intelligent voters decide who should be the next president. MAGA

Comment

Hate to see him go. I always loved how he could make liberals squirm and look even more stupid. https://youtu.be/4xPYuvPrvG0?t=9

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
                              The only loss was American lives. Gowdy's work exposed hillary as incompetent at the state department. It helped intelligent voters decide who should be the next president. MAGA
                              You think trey did that?
                              Please.
                              Her own mother wasn't dumb enough to vote for her.

But wait....
                              She did kinda win the popular vote.

Comment

Working...
                              X