Cowboy art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cowboy art

I usually don't post things like this, but I thought I would share this with the GS. The artist is Gordon Snidow - one of the top cowboy/western artists around. He painted the Colorado Kool-Aid collection for Coors years ago that you often see hanging in bars and restaurants. His originals sell for five figures. I got this print from him yesterday. I am the one on the far left in the picture. This is the second of his paintings that I have been in. Pretty cool. (I hope the pic comes through!)
    Attached Files

Wow! Very cool!

Comment

Nice

Comment

awesome

Comment

I love that picture. Very cool

Comment

That's awesome!

Comment

That is awesome! I really enjoy this kind of art. I don't have a big collection of it, but I do have Jack Terry's Cowboys in the rain.
              Attached Files

Comment

this is very cool!

Comment

Very cool, any more detail as to how you are in these or what the settings might be?

Comment

It amazes me what some people can create

Comment

Originally posted by graesz View Post
                      Very cool, any more detail as to how you are in these or what the settings might be?
                      In a former life, I was a cowboy. Was working on the Padlock Ranch in Montana (about 450,000acres) when Snidow came up and spent 10 days with us. He took photos and then returned to his studio in Ruidoso to create his paintings. Several of his paintings came from that trip, and I was in a couple of them. The other one was in an exhibit of his that was in the Smithsonian Museum for awhile and then was purchased by the guy that owns the horse track in Ruidoso. I think I have six of his paintings now hanging in my house. This will be #7 when I get it framed. It is his newest release. You can google his website and see his work.

Comment

Working...
                      X