Limb twist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limb twist

So I believe you folks told me a few years ago that to straighten it out all I has to do was boil some water and run the limb over the steam for a few minutes......is that correct?

I'd use a hair dryer!

Comment

Originally posted by Flint knapper View Post
      I'd use a hair dryer!
      Well, I didn't think about that. Thanks

Comment

This!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
          This!

I would try A-1 or A-2, but doubt I would ever try A-3!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good information gents.
            I acquired another bow from my father in law last week. It has been sitting for about 15 years. Has some twist but not terrible. Going to give the hair dryer a try first.

Comment

I have had luck with limb twist by running semi hot water from the tub faucet twisting in opposite direction of twist then run under cool water.

Comment

I've done it the way Greyman did it and it worked on all I tried. Well, except for a couple Groves bows, the limb twistingest bows ever made. Once twisted, always twisted.

Comment

I’ve got to try this on my sarrels, thanks for the post.

Comment

I just got through with a very stubborn twist in an upper limb. I used something similar to the illustrations. I made a "jig" and used a wet cloth wrap and a Milwaukee heat gun. After I heated it, I left it in the "jig" to cool down for a couple of days, strung it and left it strung for a couple more days, then shot it. After a hundred or more shots, it's still staying in the string groove.

Comment

Working...
                    X