November/December vacation ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

November/December vacation ideas

My wife turns 35 and I want to take her somewhere nice in Texas Hill Country, Arkansas Ozarks etc for her birthday. We will be taking our 6 month daughter along. Therefore, we are driving and don’t want it to be tooooo far. Arkansas would be pushing outer limits. Anyone have any good recommendations? I highly considered surprising her with a trip to Ozona, TX where the deer lease is at... but that wouldn’t go as good. Haha

Fredericksburg is always a winner, plenty to do, eat, and drink.

Comment

Originally posted by Soclose View Post
      My wife turns 35 and I want to take her somewhere nice in Texas Hill Country, Arkansas Ozarks etc for her birthday. We will be taking our 6 month daughter along. Therefore, we are driving and don’t want it to be tooooo far. Arkansas would be pushing outer limits. Anyone have any good recommendations? I highly considered surprising her with a trip to Ozona, TX where the deer lease is at... but that wouldn’t go as good. Haha
      Branson, MO. Tons of stuff to do even though the winter is off season. It will be cheaper in the winter as well. Might catch the trees turning in November. Lots of nice lodging and fine dining.

Just up the road in Springfield the HQ of Bass Pro has a really neat museum. Easy to get to, 9 hours or so from Houston.

Comment

Broken Bow is really nice that time of year, hundreds of cabins to rent, usually always something going on, I heard there is a good seafood joint up there too.

Comment

J L bar in sonora

Comment

I would be explaining to her that in 6 months your daughter will be one and it would be much more pleasant to take her on a summer road trip in May with more outdoor/swimming options and easier to travel with.
            Or code for its deer season and I need my weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
              I would be explaining to her that in 6 months your daughter will be one and it would be much more pleasant to take her on a summer road trip in May with more outdoor/swimming options and easier to travel with.
              Or code for its deer season and I need my weekends.
              Thread winner...

It takes a LOT for me to go somewhere and do something during hunting season.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                Thread winner...

It takes a LOT for me to go somewhere and do something during hunting season.
                Hell it gets worse..... her sister is getting married opening weekend (nov.3). Who the hell does that?

Comment

My daughters birthday is Nov 3rd. We have her birthday party every year the weekend before opening day of rifle season. When she gets older, I’ll have a good excuse to take her on her “birthday hunt” every year! For vacation ideas, I have been wanting to stay out around Big Bend or Fort Davis for a few days and just get away from people. November seems like it would be a nice time of year to be out that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve heard really good things about Fort Davis! I think I may look into this

Comment

Working...
                    X