Fertilizing natural food sources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fertilizing natural food sources

Was reading up on the cheapest way to add more and better food sources for deer. It was said that fertilizer on natural food sources was the cheapest and easiest way to do it. Such as for acorn trees or grass areas to increase food sources.

Thought about trying it in the low end mesquites with lots of grasses and mesquite beads. Anyone try it? Looking into food plots around water as well.

Scott

Chicken manure on any deer browse will drastically improve volume as Well as deer consumption. Honeysuckle is the best example.

Comment

I've tried Chicken Manure as well and it did wonders..Make sure the chickens eat Taco Bell the night before to best ensure quality manure..

Comment

Any fertilizer will make all browse better. I have been fertilizing Oak trees and browse for years and it is the cheapest way to improve a food source.
        Chicken Manure is about $6 for 75# bag or you can buy it in bulk.
        All purpose fertilizer is about $11 a bag. Just a little elbow grease and sweat equity and you are in the money.
        If you are gonna fert trees, do it before March.

Comment

We are in west Texas so not many big oaks or anything. Was just hoping to make the low line cuts more fertile with cheap Walmart fertilizer. Help any area I can and help with protein and food.

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
          Any fertilizer will make all browse better. I have been fertilizing Oak trees and browse for years and it is the cheapest way to improve a food source.
          Chicken Manure is about $6 for 75# bag or you can buy it in bulk.
          All purpose fertilizer is about $11 a bag. Just a little elbow grease and sweat equity and you are in the money.
          If you are gonna fert trees, do it before March.

Comment

Gonna have to find chicken poop near me

Comment

Hit specific trees year after year, and hunt them...............

Comment

Working...
              X