Bee removals!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bee removals!!!

Still doing a few removals around work, harvesting honey, making splits and requeening every hive in my apiary. Figured I'd post a few pics....

Small queenless swarm most likely absconded due to mite or beetle infestation....

Barrel full of bees from near McCoy.....

Comment

Stacked water meter box.....

Comment

Another stacked water meter box near a natural gas service riser......

Comment

Just got two this weekend from our neighbors one in attic the other off eve on a roof.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by mrpage25; 07-23-2018, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Horse barn remove near schertz.....

Comment

Originally posted by mrpage25 View Post
              Just got two this weekend from our neighbors one in attic the other off eve on a roof.
              Nice! I try and stay away from removes out of occupied structures for liability purposes. I've cut a bunch out of abandoned homesteads and old ranch houses though......

Comment

Wow! How much did that one on the tin in the horse barn weigh?

Are you able to get the whole hive into one of your aqua boxes just by moving the queen into it?

Comment

How do u get rid of one? There is a hive on my orange tree the size of a basketball.

Comment

Nice!

We had a hive removed from our eve a few months ago. Fast forward to last week... honey started dripping down the wall where the hive was. Guessing it was due to the temps getting so high. The honey has obviously been there all along, just wasn't liquid enough to drip.

Comment

Originally posted by duckboy007 View Post
                      Wow! How much did that one on the tin in the horse barn weigh?

Are you able to get the whole hive into one of your aqua boxes just by moving the queen into it?
                      There was 39 pounds of honey in that particular hive, and I cut out 4.5 frames of brood comb out to rubber band in my deep frames. Probably 65 pounds all together but that's just a guess. If I'm able to find the queen before she hides as I'm cutting brood comb out, then yes the hive will re-orient to the brood box when I place the cutout frames of brood and caged queen in it. I usually double stack two deeps to give them a decent amount of room, with the top one being empty of frames to encourage them to draw out comb in the bottom brood box first.

Comment

Originally posted by southtx View Post
                        How do u get rid of one? There is a hive on my orange tree the size of a basketball.
                        If its round like a basketball its most likely a mexican honey wasp nest, not a honey bee hive.

Comment

Originally posted by Plain Lucky View Post
                          Nice!

We had a hive removed from our eve a few months ago. Fast forward to last week... honey started dripping down the wall where the hive was. Guessing it was due to the temps getting so high. The honey has obviously been there all along, just wasn't liquid enough to drip.
                          They should have removed all of it, unless you just had it sprayed by an exterminator. I feel bad for you if honey is dripping down the wall...that invites hive beetle, wax moth, rodent, and roach infestations in the wall/eave/attic of the house. Ends up being a mess to have to deal with....

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
                            They should have removed all of it, unless you just had it sprayed by an exterminator. I feel bad for you if honey is dripping down the wall...that invites hive beetle, wax moth, rodent, and roach infestations in the wall/eave/attic of the house. Ends up being a mess to have to deal with....
                            Definitely a mess. Didn’t think about the other pests it might attract.

Had a beekeeper do it but the bees were Africanized so he just sprayed them and then sealed up the hole to keep them from getting back in. There really wasn’t any way to get the honey or comb out without doing thousands of dollars of damage tearing stuff out.

Comment

Can you identify these bees? This hive appeared last summer, most of them moved into the walls of the abandoned house over the winter and now they are all back outside.

Comment

Working...
                              X