No announcement yet.

Pork Butt on Weber Kettle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What internal temp do you cook it to? I did one to 160 and it was tender, did one to 200 and it was tough.

Comment

I just picked up a pork butt last night, was going to do it in my oil less deep fryer, but may go get charcoal and smoke wood and try this method.

That looks great.

Comment

temp

Originally posted by doeboy11 View Post
        What internal temp do you cook it to? I did one to 160 and it was tender, did one to 200 and it was tough.
        I've done four pork butts in the last two weeks. I pulled them off when the internal temp got to between 195 and 200. They all came out great. They were in direct smoke for 4 hours and then wrapped in foil for another 7. These were all 10.5 pound butts.

Comment

205° and then let it rest for about 30 minutes before pulling it apart. It was 180° when I pulled it off the grill and wrapped it.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
              205° and then let it rest for about 30 minutes before pulling it apart.

this....I'll go longer on the rest but the target temp is money for pulled

Comment

160 is done if you like sliced pork steaks or chops. Most pork steaks are technically sliced pork shoulder roast/porkbutts so that's what you are getting when you stop at 160...

Never seen a 200-205* porkbutt tough but there is a first time for everything. At a true 200* internal, it should be pulling apart/shredding with ease like this.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Smart; 07-05-2018, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  this....I'll go longer on the rest but the target temp is money for pulled
                  I usually go longer too............but I was hongry and couldn't wait no mo

Comment

Working...
                  X