3 days tabbacco free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 days tabbacco free

Today marks three days tabacco free. I'm trying, but yes just started.

Been dipping since I was a freshman in highschool. About 16 years now. We had a baby in June. You never know how much your parents love you until you have a baby of your own. That was my breaking point. I could escape the thought of my baby having to endure pain and heat acke because I wanted to dip, got cancer, went through as ll the suffering and died.

Dipping aint worth cutting the love of my kids short. I could never have killed me, but the risk aint worth it. I love my baby too much.

After this I tried to find different ways to quite. I was doing a can and a half of copehagen long cut a day. Tried dlowing down, tried switching dips, tried vaping, i did it all. Came down to getting a dr get me chantix to help out.

I heard a song on Christian radio about addiction killing you early and loosing your kids because of your dumb mistakes. It hit home that night driving home as I heard it. Then next week I was in the dr office asking for meds to help. 100% free covered by insurance, that I pay every month regardless... better be free right...

Theres my story shortened up.

I quit in college, the day I didnt need a spit can to dip...realized it was a problem. I wish you the best, dont miss it after 12 years.

Comment

Congrats on hitting three days, hang in there!!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Man that's great! I need to do this too. I've tried quitting and longest I've made it is 4 days. Does the chantix take care of or at least help the irritability? Started when I was 16 also and am turning 35 next month. Told myself I was gonna quit when my daughter was born 9 years ago and here I am today dipping in my office.

Comment

you can do it. I am 3 months 3 days smoke free and never looking back.

Comment

Power to ya
              I was done on Jan 5th after 35 years of smokless.

Comment

Congrats and hang in there. I was able to go cold turkey once and made it 2.5 years, then made the mistake of taking a dip, hooked again.I quit for the 2nd time after my mother passed of COPD. That helped me decide to quit. I used Smokey Mountain herbal snuff to get off Cope my 2nd go round. I am about 6 yrs free now.

Comment

Good luck. Some how I was able to quit cold Turkey 3 or 4 times. Each time I picked it back up but with a new flavor.

Dip free for 8 years or so this time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats, wishing you the best for the long haul.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomstick View Post
                      Does the chantix take care of or at least help the irritability?.
                      The only time I'm irritable is when my wife opens her mouth- Frank Berone - Everybody Loves Raymond....

Found that to be true, dipping or not... Otherwise, no issues.

Comment

The worst thing you can do is listen to people tell you you can't do it cold turkey or that quitters always relapse. Anytime you have a craving you will think "it's normal to give in", then the cycle will continue to repeat itself. I quit cold turkey, never went back. Last time I tried tobacco was last May, purely out of curiosity. I almost puked and wondered what was wrong with me to have ever enjoyed that crap.

Comment

I was diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma back in November. I had a tumor come up on my tonsil. Oddly enough I had started on Smokey Mountain chew about a month before that to stop dipping. Long story short, the snuff didn't cause the cancer, but I thought why risk it. God is giving me a second chance so I haven't had a dip since. Chemo and radiation makes you really lose the taste for it but sometimes the cravings are still there. So this is 4 months without snuff. I started when I was 12. I'm 58 now.

Comment

I put it down News Years Day this year after a 30+ year habit. I still get the cravings several times daily but I’ve learned to deal with them. Remember - that craving will go away whether you put in a dip or not. Good luck, stay strong.

Comment

Be strong

Comment

Working...
                              X